Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does the loneliness go away?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well me and my girlfriend of 2 years split up just over a month ago.... i've got on with things pretty well.

The thing i'm wondering though is if this often feeling of loneliness goes away in time or is it just a part of being single again?

I think this is the only thing holding me back. How do people cope with this lonelieness. I meet up with friends about once a week but i still feel it.
I see people round me like this guy from college who doesn't go out nor have many friends or talk to anyone..... how do they cope is beyond me. Any opinions are as always appreciated :D

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to know the answer to this one too!

I'm alright when I'm busy and with my friends, but sometimes I wake up and feel particularly lonely.

I'm sure it'll fade in time. At least I hope it will. :)
  • Options
    i split up with my boyfriend of 3 year about 2 months ago and yeah i feel pretty lonely too, even though it was me who wanted my freedom, i do feel alone sometimes.

i just try to spend as much time as i can with my friends and catch up with old ones. i think when i go back to uni i'll be so busy i won't notice he's gone.hopefully!
  • Options
    Seems that we should be starting some kind of club.
  • Options
    It does fade honestly :) I think each person copes with it in different ways. Although it's a forgone conclusion when you're with someone that long that life's going to seem a bit different as you're used to having someone there, someone to depend on etc. Suppose you have to just start enjoying the fact that you can now live your life and do the things that maybe you'd put on hold.
  • Options
    simple answer is no but really its not lonliness its how you felt before getting with her thats all and when you get with someone you suddenly have all these new feelings which are great and losing that is tough.

Took me about 3 months but varies with other people and be careful as well as i was on the rebound and didnt know it

.matt