Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Uni finally approaching

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Everyone is talking about how they are worrying about results day but what about their move to a new place, with new people to go to uni...... I'm worried sick :lol:

Is anyone else nervous about going or am i just worrying??

I keep on thinking oh why am i leaving my family and friends and putting myself through all this stress but in the end i know i have to do it. Also worried about the whole new start somewhere else in big ol' manchester.

Good luck in thurs results to everyone aswell
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It's sad and a lil scary to be leaving home, your frineds and family - but think of all the new people you're gonna meet and all the new experiences and opportunities you're gonna have!! I can't wait!

fingers crossed for thursday!!!
  • Options
    where you from crazy_guy? as your friendly neighbourhood manc (TM) you'll love it, remember everyone else is in the same position as you, if youre staying in halls, you'll have a blast. manchester is pretty good for students. everything is pretty much down one long strip (wilmslow road, oxford road, peter street) but it depends what youre into. once youve seen the curry mile, everything else pales into insignificance!
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly
    where you from crazy_guy? as your friendly neighbourhood manc (TM) you'll love it, remember everyone else is in the same position as you, if youre staying in halls, you'll have a blast.

Live near Norwich in norfolk, of all places, so manchester will sure be a change in lifestyle.... I'm sure i will be fine when i settle in but it takes me time getting used to things and new people. Up for a good time but think it will b a bit of a shock leaving everything behind.

Ahh so damn nervous.... hope everyone else like this :lol:
  • Options
    norfolk?! :eek:

if youre into clubbing/drinking etc. you'll never want to leave. seriously. i can see it being a real eye opener for you.
  • Options
    Sounds excellent.... Love going out and drinking..... think its just nerves now, i'll even miss the manure smell in the morning..... when i move :lol:

As the time approaches though i am getting soooo nervous on meeting new people and adapting to a new life and leaving everything..... but everyone i talk to loves manchester so just glad i picked a good city to go to...

The nerves... i've got my bottle of vodka ready if i get too nervous though... probably over do it and be legless when i move into the halls :lol:

Must be more people as nervous as me!
  • Options
    you'll have a right good time
  • Options
    The first few weeks of uni are so nervewracking, but you'll soon feel like you've been there forever!
    We've got a whole student section that should help you with fears about leaving home and making friends etc.
    Check this link for more.
    Good luck - and have fun!
  • Options
    Yeah good luck tomorrow everybody - I remember this time last year I was in the same position and it wasn't pleasant! (being stuck in the middle of a desert without a telephone didn't help matters)

No worries about settling into uni, especailly if you're in halls - after the first night you'll feel right at home almost as it is just so easy to mix in with everybody. Even when queuing for a bus or something, just talk to random people - I met my best mate at uni in a bus queue on the first day!
  • Options
    I'll be leaving to a whole new country if all goes well tomorrow!! Going to Manchester aswell!!! Got no family or friends there, but canny wait!!!:hyper:
  • Options
    may i suggest www.citylife.co.uk for all you studes on your way to sunny manchester, click on the "student news" link and get your free 2004 student guide. yes i said FREE you cheapskates. it may come in handy, you never know.

feel bad bigging up manchester so much when im actually leaving and going to leeds...:o
  • Options
    Hmm, I am a little hesitant about university. Sure the independance will be great and all. And the learning environment will be cool.
    However, the whole prospect of hanging around people who just like to get hammered (I don't drink) is serverly detracting from the appeal
  • Options
    There will be others who dont fancie getting drunk 24/7..... just think of all the people going... i dont think (and hope) all of them arent pissheads.....
  • Options
    Eh, I would like to think that. But I get the feeling I would be in denial if that were the case