Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heat protection spray

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I've had enough of listening to miss Y&S always saying use it and stuff. I have some but I dont like the smell of it. Which ones do you use and go thru the process of when you put it on (dry hair or wet) etc for me please <33

Comments

• Options
    Hahaha. Errrm, I use one called 'Designer' or something. It comes in a purple bottle. I've never seen it in any shops like Boots or SuperDrug though, 'cause I got mine from a hairdressing warehouse thing in town, so unless theres one of them near you, I dunno where you'd get it. Saying that though, I only got that one cause it was fairly cheap and my old work used to use it, plus it smells luvvleh and fruity. There's loads of other ones around though, which i'm sure do a pretty good job, 'cause lets face it, somethings better than nothing. GHD oil is really good, but expensive. :(

Anyway, I don't put it on before blow drying my hair - I'm sure some people do, but I can never be bothered. As I section my hair for straightening though, I spray it onto the bit of hair I'm straightening, and do this for each bit of hair. If you get me. Sometimes it sizzles, but it's burning the heat spray - not the hair.

Somewhere amongst that, you may find something useful. Happy hunting!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Hahaha. Errrm, I use one called 'Designer' or something. It comes in a purple bottle. I've never seen it in any shops like Boots or SuperDrug though, 'cause I got mine from a hairdressing warehouse thing in town, so unless theres one of them near you, I dunno where you'd get it. Saying that though, I only got that one cause it was fairly cheap and my old work used to use it, plus it smells luvvleh and fruity. There's loads of other ones around though, which i'm sure do a pretty good job, 'cause lets face it, somethings better than nothing. GHD oil is really good, but expensive. :(

Anyway, I don't put it on before blow drying my hair - I'm sure some people do, but I can never be bothered. As I section my hair for straightening though, I spray it onto the bit of hair I'm straightening, and do this for each bit of hair. If you get me. Sometimes it sizzles, but it's burning the heat spray - not the hair.

Somewhere amongst that, you may find something useful. Happy hunting!

I'll have to get a nice smelling one then. Cheers big ears :thumb:
  • Options
    Fructis Anti-split ends before I dry & straighten it, and Sunsilk's straightening type serum to tame the 'fluffiness' afterwards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Fructis Anti-split ends before I dry & straighten it, and Sunsilk's straightening type serum to tame the 'fluffiness' afterwards.
    :O Long time no see!
  • Options

Is that a heat protecting spray, Sarah?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Is that a heat protecting spray, Sarah?

Well, no it's a serum type thing but it's still heat protecting and much better than all the sprays I've tried. The GHD one is crap and tres expensive.
  • Options
    no

Get out my thread then. >:[

jk :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Get out my thread then. >:[

:(
  • Options
    i use the sunsilk purple smoothe and sleek i think its called before blowdrying keeps all the wispy bits down!
  • Options
    generally most serums will protect the hair, but marks and spencers have an alright one and its also a straightening balm thing
  • Options
    I use Lee Stafford Poker Straight Heat Spray, it's pretty good. Smells abit funky at first bit like ginger but you get used to it. You can get it from Boots for bout £4.99.
  • Options
    I dont use one. I cant see how anything that is basically just a spray is actually going to do anything protect your hair significantly. I can see how it might make it looks shinier, but only in as much as a leave in conditioner makes it look healthier, but it is basically just a coating so any benefits only last until the next wash.
  • Options
    I use Lee Stafford Poker Straight Heat Spray, it's pretty good. Smells abit funky at first bit like ginger but you get used to it. You can get it from Boots for bout £4.99.
    Me too; a purple-coloured spray which smells really nice.
  • Options
    Hmm i have got some of that Loreal elvive smooth intense anti frizz serum and i put that on my hair before straightening it
    I also use this thing called 'Vo5 miracle mist' which is like a spray leave in conditioner, it says great with ceramic irons on the bottle but i'm not sure if it is actaulyl a heat protection spray, whats the differnce?
  • Options
    Originally posted by **barbie**

I've just brought that today, it smells sooo gorgeous.