Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Broken foot

On saturday night after quite a bit of drinking, I got home and feel down my driveway. Ya know when you lean on the out side of your foot, well I wasnt doing that when I was walking it just went that way on its own and I fell right on my arse. It still hurts and I think its broken or fractured. It hurts on the right underside of my right foot when I walk. I really dont want it to be broken as ive just got a new car and want to drive it lots. It might just be a twist, well I'm hoping it is. How long to twists or sprains usually hurt for?
If its still hurting after the twist/sprian healing time I will go to A+E for an x-ray. But tbh I really dont want to have a cast. Plus I'm going to reading and if its broken I wont be able to go:(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you think it might be broken you want to get to A&E now. It could well heal back in the wrong place and cause you far more trouble.

If you can even slightly walk on it then its likely not to be broken.

Go down to A&E now, its the best time to visit A&E, you shouldnt have to wait long.
  • Options
    I broke my foot last year over the summer and left it for a day before I went to hospital thinking it was just twisted. However I couldnt put it on the floor or walk on it at all so you might be okay. If you do have to have a cast and crutches it will be difficult to get around but you still may be able to go to Reading if you are determined - you should see about getting disabled access because for each stage there is a raised section where people who have a disability of some kind can go and watch bands without being shoved around by the crowd. I think this includes injuries like broken feet/legs as well because I saw a couple of people last year in casts and on crutches that were able to get disabled access.

Definitely go to hospital and get it checked out anyway because if it is broken you will probably only do more damage to it by walking round on it etc.
  • Options
    Well I went to A+E, wasnt there that long as it goes. Just over 2 hours. I had 2 X-rays cos they took the wrong ones first and didnt listen to me when I said it was the wrong part of my foot they were about to shoot.
    Turns out I dont have a broken foot. Tho they didnt tell me what was wrong with it, they did say that nothing was broken and I just need to keep it elevated. Glad I went tho.
  • Options
    Most likely a sprain. Take strong painkillers like ibruprofen and rest it. My dad sprained his ankle playing football a week last Saturday and he still has a bandage on and it is still the same width as his leg (ouch, looks awful too!)

His GP said it would take a couple of weeks to get better. However, he still drives (tsk tsk).
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    I think this includes injuries like broken feet/legs as well because I saw a couple of people last year in casts and on crutches that were able to get disabled access.
    :chin: So, if you've got a cast on your leg you can get into a better area to watch the bands without being jostled? Hmm, so I could just make a cast for my leg, borrow some crutches, and blag it as being disabled? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    :chin: So, if you've got a cast on your leg you can get into a better area to watch the bands without being jostled? Hmm, so I could just make a cast for my leg, borrow some crutches, and blag it as being disabled? :D

Ooooooopooooooh!! Wobble are you gonna be there!!!! :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Ooooooopooooooh!! Wobble are you gonna be there!!!! :hyper:
    Naaa, sorry to dissapoint. :( Then again, if I can get a comfy place to enjoy it from? :chin: :D

Naa, I'm saving my pennies to go to the European Finals (drag racing) at www.santapod.com next month. :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Naaa, sorry to dissapoint.

:crying: