Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

contraception

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone here been on the coil, patch or injection?

And what are your experiences of them

Comments

• Options
    I had the Depo, it lasts for 3 months. Its good cos you dont get periods, so its brill for that. I only had a couple of injections tho, I wanna try more stuff. The injection is fab, but I just didnt like it:confused: I wanna try the pill or maybe the coil.

Some of my mates have the Depo and they love it, no periods, just nip to the docs every 3 months, but when I came off it my cycle was messed up, which I suppose it would if I had any other contraception. My fella's mum has coil and she loves it, when I was askin about it she was like, 'I think you should have the coil when you've had babies':confused: Anyone else herd this???

But yeah, injection was good, just wasnt for me. I really wanna go on pill, just worried about the side affects:eek:
  • Options
    errrrrrm whats the depo?
  • Options
    Hiya
    It sounds like you need to find out more about these things before making a decision on what's right for you - here are our contraception factsheets. You could alos go to the fpa or Brook sites for more info. Then book an appointment with your GP to discuss your options further.
    :)