Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

new piercings and flying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm hoping to get either a scaffold or my trgus done tomorrow, but i have a feeling that flying home might not be a good idea if i have had them freshly done......anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Options
    Don't see why it would matter.
  • Options
    well it might affect my inner ear a little.

i just wanted to really make sure before i do go ahead with it.
  • Options
    Mmm.. I don't think there would be a problem, but yet I don't know much about it,
  • Options
    The only thing I'd be worried about is swelling. Take a packet of anti-inflametries with you just incase.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Well, you're a sucker for pain! It's bad enough having fresh piercings in your ear, and then you're going to go through the rigours of flying. Your throbbing ear will make you loathe every minute of the journey. :(
    I don't see why it would cause a problem. Are you worried about bleeding? I don't think it will matter, and it'll probably weep a little blood anyway.
  • Options
    the only thing that it might possibly affect is if you get pierced JUST before you go on the plane, the change in cabin pressure on take off might make you faint.

otherwise i can't see a problem.