Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

someone convince me otherwise.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
relationships are a waste of time, you only ever get your heart broken....evern friendships are stupid, as you open yourself up to be hurt. someone please try and convince me otherwise, as to be honest i feel like there is no point in either right now. i want my bed to go cry in.

Comments

• Options
    Nah, you just feel lonely. I felt that way too. But ppl get hurt, and get up again. What you need now is time. And, of course a good friend. Make one from those that you know.
  • Options
    Have to sadly agree with you on the relationships bit... cant convince you otherwise.... After several relationships that gone sour, now i just think..... if i'm going to get involved with this girl i have to make sure i can handle the break up as its inevitable.

While friends, when having a good time with them its the best.... but then theres the opportunity for them to really hurt you.

But in time were think differently.... its just our frame of mind. I know in time when meet the right people were look at relationships differently.
  • Options
    I think as humans we need relationships.

People have needs, be they tangible or intanglible. In this case, intangible needs relate to the need for companionship, love, self-esteem, etc. We desire these things because we are social animals. No man is an island (it's a cliche but still true)!!

Being hurt is a risk one takes when opening oneself up. Of course it's not pleasant. Nonetheless I'd rather take being hurt on occasion (the way I see it what doesn't kill you makes you stronger) than seeking not to trust anyone or be close to anybody.
  • Options
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    Nah, you just feel lonely. I felt that way too. But ppl get hurt, and get up again. What you need now is time. And, of course a good friend. Make one from those that you know.

but friends hurt you, whether they mean to or not.......and i'm fed up of being knocked down and desepratly trying to get up again

sorry if i'm constanly disagreeing here with what people say, i'm just trying to justify my point, and get some advice that i find the most valuable.....sorry....i really am
  • Options
    I agree with Twisted_Trinity, people only end up letting you down if you trust them. :(
  • Options
    So you'd rather trust no one?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blackraven
    I agree with Twisted_Trinity, people only end up letting you down if you trust them. :(

Same here, i dont think people intentionally go out their way to hurt others but it just happens.....
    Many times i have felt whats the point on getting close to anyone.... when they let you down it may feel like the hardest times..... but when your in love or surrounded by friends its the best feeling ever. Its a fine balance.
    There was a time when i had enough of my friends letting me down that i distanced myself for several months because of the hurt. Sorry pointless but yes i agree with twisted trinity
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    So you'd rather trust no one?

Yes, quite frankly.
  • Options
    Re: someone convince me otherwise.....
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    relationships are a waste of time, you only ever get your heart broken....evern friendships are stupid, as you open yourself up to be hurt. someone please try and convince me otherwise, as to be honest i feel like there is no point in either right now. i want my bed to go cry in.
    well ill agree with you right now, even though i know over all its not true, i feel that emotions are a burden and life should be about shagging and leaving no1 getting hurt, no1 getting attatched, much better.
  • Options
    Yes, quite frankly.

Relationships are built on trust, be they romantic or platonic ones.

So you never want friends again?
  • Options
    No. I am perfectly capable of functioning adequatly without human interraction.
  • Options
    I've been unable to trust people for years. It is the most hurtful thing I've ever done to myself.
  • Options

OK then. :rolleyes: :cool:

No offence, but negative emotions are part of life. You can't get rid of your emotions so you have to deal with them.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

i think its quite sad when people say things like and genuinely feel like that too. however, i dont think that it is possible to live without human interaction and if it is i think it would be a very lonely life, contrary to what you have already said.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I wish I could convince you of that, but I can't. I don't have any proof that it's not like you say, almost all people I've called "friends" ended up betraying me in various ways. There's only one person I totally trust and I have a great difficulty trusting anyone new.
    Unlike blackraven though, I'm perfectly incapable of functioning adequatly without human interaction, so I have to keep trying. I suggest you do the same.
  • Options
    I would say from about the age of 12 or 13 till about the age of 18 I was like that. That and I barely spoke two words to my parents either.

The teenage years are just shite, they're something you just have to live through, they're bound to be horrible.

It does get better though.