Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Parents ART I.D's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ok, so i sent off my loan application form in the last week of june+i still haven't found out how much im gonna get! ive had my i.d and password to use the online tracker that doesnt work yet (can some body gimme a link to that pls?)
what im wondering is, what is the purpose of your parents ART ID?? Is it so that when you re-apply for your student loan in the second year of uni, you dont have to do all that fucking about with working out their income, i.e. give the ART ID if no information has changed?????
ARRGGHH, confusing :confused:
SBG
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It's so that we all have a number to define us, so they can put it one something identifiable like, say, an identity card. :thumb:

If you want to get a better response, from someone who's gonna write something interesting, and possibly even an opinion, try the Politics forum.
  • Options
    That didnt seem to be a good reply /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I think it is for if your parents have/are paying off a student loan as that will make your amount vary, i left mine blank.

But then again I filled mine out AGES ago and have already had all the replies etc, so maybe these numbers will make no differance to you............. as the closing date is long gone.... i think.....

Bopz
  • Options
    hmmm....i think you're in a similar position as me SBG...

I sent my loan application and finance forms in late June and since receiving my birth certificate back (with absolutely nothing else) I've heard nada.

Then just this morning my got a letter which gave her the ART ID number. But yet again, no information with it.

I don't know what to do. I don't know how much I will be receiving or anything...its pretty worrying :confused:
  • Options
    i dont really see the point in having a parent ID thing or my case, not living at the same address as them since i turned 18

but hey they like numbers, numbers are good

good numbers, nice numbers
  • Options
    Originally posted by Naz
    hmmm....i think you're in a similar position as me SBG...

I sent my loan application and finance forms in late June and since receiving my birth certificate back (with absolutely nothing else) I've heard nada.

Then just this morning my got a letter which gave her the ART ID number. But yet again, no information with it.

I don't know what to do. I don't know how much I will be receiving or anything...its pretty worrying :confused:

yeah, i got all my birth certificate stuff bk+both parents got their ART ID about a week ago! I really hope il get my loan amount soon - its worrying me too, i just wana know how much ive got
    SBG
  • Options
    I'm going into my second year and have had about the same thing happen to me. I sent off my finance form, then about a week ago I got a letter saying how much my parents had to pay. Then the day after my parents got a letter each, telling them that they had sent me the letter, and the forms saying what they had to pay. Then the day after they each got a letter with their ART ID in.

I really haven't got a clue what it is all about, we didn't get all this crap last year. My dad rang up asking why he had got a letter with an ART ID, because in the letter it sounds like they are also applying to become a student. The person just said that you would have got it if you've got a son/daughter going uni, and that it's not worded very well. Which basically tells you fuck all about what the ART ID is for.
  • Options
    My deadline for the form was in late May as im a current student, I sent mine of before then and i've heard nothing expect being given an ART number and password in June. Then this weekend my mum gets an ART number.

I wish they would just hurry up with it all.
  • Options
    there's a HUGE backlog atm.
  • Options
  • Options
    There is no online tracker... even though the letter said you could track your progress online. I think its been abandoned for this year sort of like the finance online application which had been constantly delayed.

I predict round september there will be dozens of posts of people ranting about not recieving their loan on time because of this backlog... maybe the people who work for student loans should go through higher education themselves so problems like this wouldnt happen as easily :crazyeyes
  • Options
    the people ranting will be those who apply next week, just after they get their a level results
  • Options
    Update: Ive just got my loan confirmed...so don't worry too much. If you havent appied yet. Then do it now.