Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

French Manicure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im getting my nails done on friday, just having a french manicure done. Its gona cost me £13.95. I was just wondering if anyone can reccomend any good diy kits cos i wana keep them like that but not paying that much every 2 or whatever weeks. Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    OH I would like to know that too.
  • Options
    I just bought this dead cheap too, only like $8 I think. And now I have the sexiest nails ever. And I see from there that its sold at that Boots store or whatever.
  • Options
    I had a french manicure done not long ago & it is such a no-no if you smoke. My lovely new long nails went a horrible shade of yellow after about a week. It was REVOLTING. And when they eventually came off, they were in the worst state. They were thin & all flaky. Yuck. But what did I expect?

I don't think I'll be getting a manicure again. Not until I stop smoking anyway. Hah.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    I just bought this dead cheap too, only like $8 I think. And now I have the sexiest nails ever. And I see from there that its sold at that Boots store or whatever.

Oooh, that looks good. Looks like i'l be taking a trip to boots after ive had mine done :D
  • Options
    I just buy a white nail polish and do it myself...??

But then, people often mistake my nails for acrylics, when they're 100% my own!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I just buy a white nail polish and do it myself...??

But then, people often mistake my nails for acrylics, when they're 100% my own!!

Ilora x

ditto :thumb: I am in love with my nails and do them every other day. The kit I bought comes with white and shimmery nude colored polish and little white stickers to put at the top of the nail and the guidline stickers in rounded, pointed and straight for toes... gotta love the guidlines when you shake like theres no tomorrow :p
  • Options
    I need them manicuring first, they are a right mess. Some are long, some are short. They need strentening badly, onto another question.. know any doog nail strengthner? :D
  • Options
    The best method for strong nails I've found, is just wearin nail polish. I'm never without the stuff, and my nails are as hard as rock. Just keep paintin them with a clear nail polish and they should strengthen..

Another tip is Almond Oil - rub it into your cuticles 2wice a day, and you'll have beautiful nails, and hands!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    How do you manage to do the white tips so they don't look a mess?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~kaz~

with dificulty and a hell of a lot of practice!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    little white stickers to put at the top of the nail and the guidline stickers in rounded, pointed and straight for toes... gotta love the guidlines when you shake like theres no tomorrow :p

;) you can buy the guidlines seperate, they are all over the place wherever nail care stuff is.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that using to much nail strenghner is actually bad for your nails and if you want to make them strong you just have to use hand cream.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~kaz~
    Practise. I'm so used to french manicuring my own nails freehand - liquid eyeliner is also a breeze now!...

It's just a lot of practise!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon

mine too, i don't do anything to them but they're really strong anyways.

i cant really get manicures cos i dislodged the nerve in one of my fingers and even when i tell them not to do anything to that nail cops its hyper sensitive, they look really odd if all the rest are equal and one is strange