Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ay Caramba! - The poncho revival

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I've just purchased myself a cream wollen one for the bargainous price of €25 (do your own math to work it out in sterling). And many others have been sporting them aboot town - although, worringly I think I spotted some skangers (chavs, townies, rude girls?) wearing them with dungarees or some other monstrosity.

What do you think, oh fashionable one?

Si senor o ninguna manera josé?

Comments

• Options
    I've got a bright green one by 'Lipsy' - its a really thick croché one - cost me £40, but I love it! I haven't seen anyone else in mine either, which is great. I must say, I hate most of them though. Especially the ones that don't even look worthy of being used to wipe the table with. ('Though usually they're worn by the ned girls that think giving themselves chinky eyes is cool.)

ETA: There was a thread done a little while ago on this. Here :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    I've got a bright green one by 'Lipsy' - its a really thick croché one - cost me £40, but I love it! I haven't seen anyone else in mine either, which is great. I must say, I hate most of them though. Especially the ones that don't even look worthy of being used to wipe the table with. ('Though usually they're worn by the ned girls that think giving themselves chinky eyes is cool.)

ETA: There was a thread done a little while ago on this. Here :thumb:

Thank you doll. And your one sounds amazing. Bright green? <33
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    Thank you doll. And your one sounds amazing. Bright green? <33
    Green as green can be. :D

Infact, I have way too many green things at the moment. But it matches my shoes so well. <3
  • Options
    i think they look hideous
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

Have to agree.

Sorry pet, but I think you'll look back in years to come and think "Christ, what was I thinking?" :no:

That said, I was pushed into trying one on when we were having a laugh at work, and I felt like a Red Indian squaw, which is never a bad thing :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Have to agree.

Sorry pet, but I think you'll look back in years to come and think "Christ, what was I thinking?" :no:

That said, I was pushed into trying one on when we were having a laugh at work, and I felt like a Red Indian squaw, which is never a bad thing :thumb:

Yeah but isn't that what being 20 is all about? :) Trust me, I'm already questioning some of the things I wore last month. I won't break the cycle.

It's all good when you can feel like a Red Indian Squaw. It blows all your troubles away. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

So agree. Wont catch me in one. :no:
  • Options
    I personally think they're awful and I've not seen one look good on anyone. They make the wearer look like a wannabe cowboy. =\
  • Options
    I don't like most ponchos but I wouldn't mind a plain non-crocheted brown one. I'd wear it with jeans, brown heels & laaarge sunglasses. Yep.
  • Options
    Ponchos. :lol: They look horrible. They didn't look great the first time around, and bringing them back as some sort of retro chic fashion still doesn't work. The only girls who can get away with wearing them are the truly gorgeous girls - and that's because people are too busy looking at their face to realise they're wearing a hideous fashion accessory.
    The world of fashion has managed to con the whole world into another mistake. I hope all your family and friends take plenty of photos of you wearing your ponchos so they can embarass you for the rest of you life. :)
  • Options
    I think they look ok, i like the black croched (sp) ones though, some do look awful, especially with the wrong clothes, like dungarees?! :eek2:
  • Options
    where did my reply to the above comment go? curses! :crazyeyes it was here yesterday.

but anyway. mr. wobble.
    someone's bitter.
    i wouldn't worry too much about what others are wearing, and i really doubt they'd walk around clad in something they'd feel embarrassed about [apart from about 10 years from now], in the first place.
    fashion evolves & is changing all the time. and with that, what we were wearing once upon a time will no doubt return to haunt us eventually.
    i would advise to also spent less time worrying about your friends or family secretly taking photos of you frolicking in your moccassins, straw hat & speedos. i actually don't know why you post in the fashion forum when all you seem to do is criticise the 'world of fashion' & those who enjoy their clothes! weird.
  • Options
    My comment disappeared too :(

Anyway, it's bloody obvious that so many lasses these days want to wear what they see pretty, gorgeous women in magazines and on TV, in the hope of being seen in the same light as them.

Don't make out that you're just wearing it to be non conformist or because it just so happens that you like the look - it's because you want to be seen as hip and trendy.

Most girls should leave these sort of outfits to the truly gorgeous ones, because they really are the ones who can pull it off without looking like they're trying too hard, like 99.99% of lasses on High Streets in the UK who do it look seem to do.
  • Options
    But I am one of the truly gorgeous ones. :(
    I wear a bin bag, and men fall at my feet.

:p

:yeees: