Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ronnie Biggs "too ill for prison"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't have a link, but Ronnie Biggs' lawyers are appealing for him to be let out of prison because they say as he is so old and i such ill health, he poses no threat to society and should be let back home with his family.

Ronnie is 75 years old and was the ringleader of the Great Train Robbery gang. He coshed a worker on the train over the head and a few years later that man died of his injuries. Ronnie ran away to America and has only served a few years of his sentance, after returning to the UK three years ago.

Should he be let out if, as his lawyers say, he is no threat to society? My personal opinion is, he did the crime, he should still do the time. Let him be an example to other criminals is what I say. He may be elderly, and he may have a family, but so did the man he fatally wounded.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    it wasn't ronnie that coshed the geezer.
    the sentence was fucking outragous!
    yes he should do his bird.
  • Options
    Actually, I'm more inclined to say that maybe he should be moved to a nicer environment. Being old and sick is the worst time to be away from your family. Perhaps some harsh parole/house arrest instead of prison.

I tend to be dead forgiving in these circumstances, in fact, generally. He's clearly helpless.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    it wasn't ronnie that coshed the geezer.

How do you know?

I agree with the person above, though perhaps he should be moved to a low-security prison, rather than house arrest.
  • Options
    Ronnie Biggs skipped jail and went to Brazil. He spent all his money in Brazil, then suddenly he wanted to come home when he was too poor to pay for his healthcare.

The cunt should have been left to die in Brazil, he should never have been let back into this country. And he should die in jail, now that he is here.

No doubt he'll get let out. He was only a lovable old rogue after all, it's not like he was responsible for the death of the train driver or anything :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i could rape a frail old lady and her three year year old grandkid and get less than half what biggs got ...and he just stole money.
  • Options
    Don't get me started on what I think should be done to rapists:mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Don't get me started on what I think should be done to rapists:mad:
    well a biggs like sentence of thirty years wouldn't be bad for starters.
    how do you think a thief feels getting thirty years and seeing rapists and kiddy fiddlers coming and going ...
  • Options
    I'd be furious mate. What I think should be done to rapist involve blunt rusty knives and a meat mincer... grrr:mad:
  • Options
    i could rape a frail old lady and her three year year old grandkid and get less than half what biggs got ...and he just stole money.

Different times. And he didn't just steal some money, it was about the equivalent of £10million. Which, being stolen from the TPO, meant we had to find it.

If he hadn't run away he'd have been out 20 years ago. But he did, and spent all his money on fast cars and faster women. And then when the money ran out he crawled back to sponge off us some more.

He's someone who will be better dead. He's as bad as the Krays, and, like them, he was lucky to not have his neck stretched.
  • Options
    Let him suffer
  • Options
    Originally posted by sniper666
    Let him suffer
    i agree ...he took his chances and got caught. mostly he sunbathed and got pissed as any wealthy escapee would.
    but ...he was daft enough to take another chance. he miscalculated and must now do his time. it's the name of the game and the nature of the beast.
    hard luck ronnie.
  • Options
    but ...he was daft enough to take another chance.

No, he wa spoor enough to come back.

He wouldn't have come back if Brazil had a NHS.
  • Options
    Let him rot.

I agree that by today's standards the sentence was harsh, but he didn't commit the crime today - he committed it in the past. Had he served the time then, he would be out. He decided to go on the run and so now he must pay for that. IMHO.