Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rather Worried

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
About it all. Results day is very soon. I need BBB to get to my first choice, Exeter. Or BCC to get to Lancaster, my insurance. I would rather go to Exeter of course.

Im also worried because I realised that which ever one I go to, I am starting on the 25th September (Freshers week) rather than what I origianlly thought, the 4th October. So yeah Im starting Uni next month. And im soo scared. :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You'll be fine, mate.

Lancaster is a very good university, and it's an alright town. Dead handy for the Lakes.
  • Options
    uni is brilliant! you'll learn so much about yaself! just have fun and if your staying in halls...keep your own loo roll, those things go like hotcakes if u share :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You'll be fine, mate.

Lancaster is a very good university, and it's an alright town. Dead handy for the Lakes.

I know. It actually seems to be ranked above Exeter. Just i prefered the feel to Exeter. The Uni was five minutes from the town centre. At Lancaster its 3 miles. Its just that, if I end up going to Lancaster I will have to faff about with all the student loan form things again. Im not sure if like Exeter, Lancaster has already sent out its accomidation application forms, if it has surely that will mean I am left with the well...left overs...in terms of accomidation.

Mind you Lancaster is cheaper. In Exeter its £115 a week for an en-suite room. In Lancaster it is £66 Heh.
  • Options
    I know it's hard but try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be ok. I was worried about not getting the grades my first choice wanted, and in the end I didn't quite get them, but I was still accepted. So if you don't get BBB, don't automatically think you haven't got in, ring up the uni and ask. Or if you can't get through (they will be very busy), keep checking the ucas website, which will tell you if you've got in.

At least if you're starting uni earlier than expected, you will get it out the way quicker! It is very daunting going to a new place, where you don't know anyone, but everyone is in the same position. It's so easy to make friends, because everyone is looking to make friends, you might end up not liking them, or ever seeing them again after a few days, but at least it's someone to talk to in the mean time! You'll find that people just start talking to random people, because no-one knows anyone, it may feel strange at first but try it.

It's not good to be shy when you first go uni, because you won't make many friends. It's a lot easier to make friends right at the start than try to make them later on. This is because later on everyone has started to get their own group of friends and people are less willing to get to know new people than were at the start.

Like me I'm sure you'll look back after a few weeks and wonder what you were scared of, if you don't make any friends on the first day keep trying and trying.

Don't worry it's an exciting new part of you're life, and you need to look forward to it, rather than worrying.
  • Options
  • Options
    £115 for an ensuite room?! that better be a bloody mansion. dont mean to hijack the thread but what are other people gonna be paying?
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Lancaster is lovely. Don't sweat it. You don't have to go there if you fail to get into Exeter anyway - I got out of going to my insurance choice and went through clearing instead.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Lancaster, I was looking at the prospectus today and from my visit it seemed really nice, it is just that I would much rather get my first choice! Im sure Lancaster would be fine.
    Originally posted by superfly
    £115 for an ensuite room?! that better be a bloody mansion. dont mean to hijack the thread but what are other people gonna be paying?

I guess that is just the difference in prices between the South Devon coast, and Up North. Im lucky though, for some reason my parents have agreed to pay for the accomidation. I have let them, at least for the first year anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly

In Durham it's £80 per week. And that's just for a normal room.

I was lucky, I got an ensuite. But I also had to share. And in Durham there's no reduction for sharing.

Cunts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    In Durham it's £80 per week. And that's just for a normal room.

I was lucky, I got an ensuite. But I also had to share. And in Durham there's no reduction for sharing.

Cunts.

I guess prices just depend on where you go. I am not sure if i could share a room. I am too used to having my own room! That is a bit tight though having no reduction, everywhere I have looked at gives a reduction for sharing a room.