Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Terrorism is our fault.

Think back to just after September the 11th, remember the support which was offered to the US.

The shock which the whole world felt at the attack.

We could have used that, it could have worked against the terrorists.

Insted we have lashed out, we have struck at targets un-related, we have killed and injured 1000's.

Its no wonder they hate us.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bush has produced one outstanding achievement during his term: he has single-handedly managed to turn practically worldwide support and sympathy into distrust, resentment and hatred in less than a year.

I don't think anyone else in history has managed to turn so many so quickly...
  • Options
    It's certainly a shame. I wonder if, given another oppurtunity, the same mistakes made. Once again, will reconcilliation slip through their fingers?

One of the big differences in war, is that the Bristish army goes for the hearts and minds of the people. The US army's approach is closer to, once you have them by the balls, hearts and minds will follow. It doesn't seem to occur to them that maybe the people would struggle...
  • Options
    I heard a really depressing story from Northern Nigeria (virtually all the stories from there are).

Basically a story was going about that the US was importing polio vaccinations which were contaminated on purpose. This was part of their War on Terror in an effort to make Muslim kids infertile. This story took hold so much and in the end all vaccinations were being effected.

They had to withdraw the polio vaccination programme for a year! And its only just started again with an Indonesian batch of vaccine.

Now, what has the US done to Nigeria of late?! They have made the War on Terror so much about Muslims that they dont even have to set foot in a country for them to hate them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I heard a really depressing story from Northern Nigeria (virtually all the stories from there are).

Basically a story was going about that the US was importing polio vaccinations which were contaminated on purpose. This was part of their War on Terror in an effort to make Muslim kids infertile. This story took hold so much and in the end all vaccinations were being effected.
    I read that in The Independant.
    If it's true it's shocking.
  • Options
    Re: Terrorism is our fault.
    Think back to just after September the 11th, remember the support which was offered to the US.

The shock which the whole world felt at the attack.

We could have used that, it could have worked against the terrorists.

Insted we have lashed out, we have struck at targets un-related, we have killed and injured 1000's.

Its no wonder they hate us.
    lets not forget or loose sight of the FACT ...that gw bush and his oil and military crooks were saying they wanted to invade iraq ...before 9/11 had even happened.
    they are on record as saying they needed another pearl harbour to get the backing of the american people ...
    lets also remember that ...terrorist atrocities and deaths are actualy at an all time low in the western world ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by dantheman

It wont be true, its such a proposterous idea.

Rolly; Have you read much of the Project for The New American Century website? Its a bit heavy but and interesting read and it shows clearly the type of people Bush is surrounded by.
    www.newamericancentury.org I think.
  • Options
    lets also not forget that that before bush was 'elected' ...right thinking people were saying that if this lot got into power there would be wars and chaos on a grand scale ...do you remember that?
    lets not forget that the whole election process was hyjacked like never before in history ...their has been a coup which people tend to forget or sweep under the carpet of their minds.
  • Options
    It wont be true, its such a proposterous idea.

Rolly; Have you read much of the Project for The New American Century website? Its a bit heavy but and interesting read and it shows clearly the type of people Bush is surrounded by.
    www.newamericancentury.org I think.
    i#ll have a look later bong.
  • Options
    The most telling is a letter written three or four days after the 11th September, signed by half of Bush's group, it clearly states Iraq as a target.
  • Options
    The so-called war on terror is non-existent bollocks to masquerade the imperialistic crusades of the Project for the New American Century and assorted neo-con cunts who form and control the US government.

Horrendous as the 9/11 attacks were, never in history has an atrocity been milked to such incredible extent. Within a year and a half of the attacks the US had already managed to kill about 8 times as many innocents as those who died in America ffs. It puts everything else, including this Al Qaida ultra-evil plans to destroy the world bullshit into context.

As long as there will be struggles there will be terrorism. There has been for many decades. The only difference is that some of the targets are now different, namely white Westerners who very rarely used to get them.

The single most important thing that could happen presently for the prevention of terrorist acts would be to get that sub-human bunch of evil cunts out of the White House in November.

Especially considering that it was them who created, supported, armed and financed many of the terrorists in the first place.
  • Options
    the replies will be flooding in later that none of this can be true ...the election was honest blah blah blah.
    people don't want to believe it ...can't believe it ...NOT AMERICA!
    reminds me of a bob dylan line ...'all he believes are his eyes ...and his eyes they just tell him lies.'
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

The single most important thing that could happen presently for the prevention of terrorist acts would be to get that sub-human bunch of evil cunts out of the White House in November.

it's not going to happen ...i'm sure they have already planned for this.
    just look at the lates warnings about attacks ...4yr old info!
  • Options
    Well exactly, who gave Bin Laden all the weapons, money and training in the first place.

The old policy of the enemy of my enemy is my friend is coming back to bite us in the arse.
  • Options
    go and have a look at page 17 of todays guardian.
    there is just no way dubya is in control of anything!
    he is a fucking retard.
    it would be funny if it weren't so friggin scary!
  • Options
    Don't have a paper version today. Are you by chance referring to the latest Bushism?

:D
  • Options
    I didnt hear about him trying to eat a raw ear of corn, thats one of his 'best' I think.
  • Options
    The disconcerting thing, is the way the US is 'preparing' for terrorist attacks. Examples are as follows:

National Air & Space museum; Everyone who comes in goes through an x-ray machine and bags are searched, but if you walk round the corner to the food court, there are some fire exits. That's normal though right? But, shouldn't they be alarmed. No, not in the US, nor are they guarded. So, you, clean and clear, go in, walk round the corner and let your explosive laden terrorist friends in!

Union Station; Still has bins, so, calling all terrorists, drop a little bomb in every bin you can find, wander off, and detonate.

Lincoln Memorial; Sorry, what security?

Botanical Gardens; Why do you need security? Especially when you don't stop people going in through the exit!

I have more; it'd be funny if it weren't for the fact that an awful lot of innocent people could be hurt in one day with co-ordinated attacks across Washington DC.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    The disconcerting thing, is the way the US is 'preparing' for terrorist attacks. Examples are as follows:

National Air & Space museum; Everyone who comes in goes through an x-ray machine and bags are searched, but if you walk round the corner to the food court, there are some fire exits. That's normal though right? But, shouldn't they be alarmed. No, not in the US, nor are they guarded. So, you, clean and clear, go in, walk round the corner and let your explosive laden terrorist friends in!

Union Station; Still has bins, so, calling all terrorists, drop a little bomb in every bin you can find, wander off, and detonate.

Lincoln Memorial; Sorry, what security?

Botanical Gardens; Why do you need security? Especially when you don't stop people going in through the exit!

I have more; it'd be funny if it weren't for the fact that an awful lot of innocent people could be hurt in one day with co-ordinated attacks across Washington DC.
    Expect MI5 to knock on your door tomorrow at 6 am, me old son!
    ;):p
  • Options
    Originally posted by dantheman

Its not true. Its ridiculous. If you believe that then you are beyond stupid.
  • Options

I don't think anyone else in history has managed to turn so many so quickly...

I think Hitler did an alright job at it too :lol:
  • Options
    Perhaps, but he managed it over a few years not a few months. And at least he counted with the support of 2 or 3 countries. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by groovechampion
    Its not true. Its ridiculous. If you believe that then you are beyond stupid.

Why is it stupid? The rednecked folk back in the good ol US of A would love to know that in 20 years time all their problems would be over thanks to the innovative steps the government took to rid the world of the evil Muslim menace!

I think you need to open your mind a bit, it may be improbable but I wouldn't put anything past Bush.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Why is it stupid? The rednecked folk back in the good ol US of A would love to know that in 20 years time all their problems would be over thanks to the innovative steps the government took to rid the world of the evil Muslim menace!

I think you need to open your mind a bit, it may be improbable but I wouldn't put anything past Bush.

No you need to open your mind a bit. The USA isn't entirely populated by some sort of stereotypical, racist, aggressive redneck hick. I doubt the type of person you are referring to makes up more than than 0.000001 percent of the American population and have no say over government policy.

Bush is not a complete moron and neither is he evil. He is a bad president though.

To think that the US government would sterilise people in Nigeria because they are Muslim is ridiculous.

People often speak of the propaganda and twisted messages that the Bush administration gives out, which is all very well, but the looney left (ahem..michael moore etc) spout some even crazier propaganda.
  • Options
    propagand propaganda my arse.
    in the in the paper today you see the leader of the free world ...a farmer who is trying to charm some votes off, hands him an ear of fresh cob corn.
    he starts eating it.
    from the photograph it is clear to see he is on about his third mucnch ...
    a five year old would know you can't do that.
    one of the hardest starches to digest ...even when extrememly well cooked. what the fuck was the farmer thinking!
    come on ...he's a fucking chimp.
    what other world leader can possibly be that fuckingdumb?
    please tell ...i'm being serious here ...very strange behaviour for the king of the world.
    that's what makes it scary ...how much proof do you people want that there is a n even scarier fucker behind him ...pulling the strings.
    how much more do you want?
    tell me please ...this behaviour is perfectly acceptable ...please.
  • Options
    No you need to open your mind a bit. The USA isn't entirely populated by some sort of stereotypical, racist, aggressive redneck hick. I doubt the type of person you are referring to makes up more than than 0.000001 percent of the American population and have no say over government policy.

Bush is not a complete moron and neither is he evil. He is a bad president though.

To think that the US government would sterilise people in Nigeria because they are Muslim is ridiculous.

People often speak of the propaganda and twisted messages that the Bush administration gives out, which is all very well, but the looney left (ahem..michael moore etc) spout some even crazier propaganda.
    i have never in all myu visits to this place come across a single poster who is anti american.
    they are our brothers and cousins.
    we look to them to lead ...till the coup that was.
  • Options
    I doubt the type of person you are referring to makes up more than than 0.000001 percent of the American population and have no say over government policy.

i can wholeheartedly say that george bush and many of his neo-con cronnies are among that 0.0000001 percent of american people and they ARE the government, and to say Bush is not a moron is just moronic in itself, to think that he'll end up spending nearly a trillion dollars on a war in a country that posed NO threat to the world is stupid, and don't say "he was removing an evil tyrant", bush didn't give a fuck about sadam or what sadam was doing, if he did he'd sort out alot of other countries in the world,i.e sudan, colombia, congo, loads of countries where thousands of people are dying because of terrorism, the reason why he went to war is because the defence corporations (many of whom are allied with george bush) could get huge contracts to build weapons and also the whole oil debate that i don't need to go into, open your eyes please.
  • Options
    Perhaps, but he managed it over a few years not a few months. And at least he counted with the support of 2 or 3 countries. ;)

Nice...
  • Options
    It's all a joke within the context of this thread Jacqs...
  • Options
    A joke which isn't funny in any context...
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    i can wholeheartedly say that george bush and many of his neo-con cronnies are among that 0.0000001 percent of american people and they ARE the government, and to say Bush is not a moron is just moronic in itself, to think that he'll end up spending nearly a trillion dollars on a war in a country that posed NO threat to the world is stupid, and don't say "he was removing an evil tyrant", bush didn't give a fuck about sadam or what sadam was doing, if he did he'd sort out alot of other countries in the world,i.e sudan, colombia, congo, loads of countries where thousands of people are dying because of terrorism, the reason why he went to war is because the defence corporations (many of whom are allied with george bush) could get huge contracts to build weapons and also the whole oil debate that i don't need to go into, open your eyes please.

Saying he's a moron and at the same time insinuating that he's an evil genius is contradictory. Personally I'd go with something in between, he's not particularly bright (which a statesman really should be) but he's not a moron either. He's not an evil genius intent on stealing the worlds oil and money while sterilising muslim babies either. He's a bad president who caters for special interests and the rich though.