Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

speed compared

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i've never tried speed and i don't really know much of its effects or anything. but i had somebody tell me if i like coke, should try speed, not to mention that its dead cheaper. so what are the similarities and differences between the effects of coke and speed? and how about if you smoke up while on speed?

Comments

• Options
    Methamphetamine might seem cheap, but it wont be when it gets the better of you.

If you have an addictive type personality AT ALL then dont touch it.

As for it being similar to cocaine, no, not really, its much more powerful, far more physical stimulation, much longer lasting.

And yes, you can smoke cannabis with it, but in high doses on the comedown probably isnt a good idea. Meth come downs can be really grim.

I sound really anti-meth because I know its too nice, its too powerful, I am glad I can not buy it because I know regardless of where I got the money I would become addicted.
  • Options
    so like what kind of effect does it have (i've never done any type of ampth. before i don't think at least) like coke just makes me dead happy and and all i want to do is talk, even if theres nothing to talk about, i will talk about my socks or something just because i want to, and it makes me want to run or something like that. what kind of effect would speed have?
  • Options
    If you buy it, the likelyhood is it will look like crushed glass (or it should) or a white powder.

Dose is really difficult to say really because of the purity issue, but pure its about 50mg oraly and less snorted or smoked.

DO NOT smoke the stuff first time, no matter what ANYONE tells you.

Snorting is the most painful thing you can snort, it will feel like your burning a hole in your head. (which you are somewhat)

The come up when taken oraly will be about 20-30mins, your'll feel more stimulated, your confidence will rise, your'll get a feeling that your speeding up. Your mind will race and your heart rate will go up. You might find that your hands and feet get a little cold.

Its a much more physical, much more punchy drug than cocaine.

Basically imagine how you feel when your at your most energetic and confident, then multiply it A LOT and you've got the effect.

Please please stay away from this drug, it is VERY addictive.
  • Options
    thanks loads bong :thumb: i like the sounds of other things better so i'll probably decline this time. Damn your smart with this stuff.
  • Options
    Not a problem, I've only done the stuff a few times, its mind boggling stuff.

I had enough of a problem with just plain amphetamine, meth is another thing altogether.
  • Options
    wait... speed=meth? meth, the homemade stuff that contains stuff that I'd never even dream of putting in me? the stuff that everybody and their grandma seems to be cooking. I always was sure that they were two different things. oops :o
  • Options
    Mmmmmm - speed - is very nice - totally different to coke - but has a horrible comedown (I used to take K to come down and spliff was fine) and can really stuff up your internal organs.

I basically stopped when I went out for an evening and took loads and my lips turned blue - I kind of thought that it might be a good idea to give up at that point......
  • Options
    I do amphetamine quite often and that is nice enough but i have a reasonable amount of control on my use.

i`d love to get my hands on meth but like bong i`d probably find myself getting unstuck if i liked it too much.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    wait... speed=meth? meth, the homemade stuff that contains stuff that I'd never even dream of putting in me? the stuff that everybody and their grandma seems to be cooking. I always was sure that they were two different things. oops :o

speed is the general name over here for amphetamines. meth as far as i understand is a stronger more addictive form of speed.
  • Options
    Yes, most 'speed' on the market here (UK) would be amphetamine, mostly amphetamine sulfate but very rarely amphetamine freebase.

In the US most street speed will be methamphetamine, however, there are a few prescription amphetamines which get onto the market. Adderal is the obvious one.

Yes, methamphetamine is made using nasty chemicals, but that is somewhat beside the point, what a drug is made of has no relation to what the end chemical is like.

Personally I think methamphetamine will create a market for itself over here, its only a matter of time. Most clubbers wont touch it in powder form, but if pills came on the market with meth in then....well compared to 'normal' pills they would pack a serious punch.
  • Options
    If meth turned up here in pillform BANG that would be it i`d be calling myself a pillhead all over again lol

Has it ever been here in pillform before like as a rare treat?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Meth come downs can be really grim.

:yes: the worst two comedowns i've ever had came after sniffing a shitload of speed, not good on the ole head.
  • Options
    but very rarely amphetamine freebase.

is that the speed thats sticky and you swallow it, we get that over here all the time, unless i'm mistaken.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    is that the speed thats sticky and you swallow it, we get that over here all the time, unless i'm mistaken.

It could be sticky because of what its cut with like glucose i think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    If meth turned up here in pillform BANG that would be it i`d be calling myself a pillhead all over again lol

Has it ever been here in pillform before like as a rare treat?

i'm pretty sure that once i had some pills which had meth in them. If that was the case then i am fucking glad i can't get hold of meth as that would be my downfall without a doubt.
  • Options
    How were you pretty sure?did you test them?
  • Options
    I havent heard of any pills which were just meth, but there have been a few in the past with the mix of MDMA and meth in them. Anyone remember the mitzi-triangles?

As for the debate over whats termed 'base' in this country, 99/100 its not actually 'base' as such. Freebase amphetamine is a grey sticky paste and will be very strong.

Most 'base' comes as a white hard lump or sometimes sticky. If its white then its amphetamine sulfate which has been wetted down with acetone or something like that.

As for the glucose cut, it wouldnt make the powder sticky, it wont really look like amphetamine. It has a more glittery look to it, far more like suger but smaller bits. It can also be identified when snorted too, it produces a sickly sweet taste in the back of the thoat.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Anyone remember the mitzi-triangles?

99/2000 :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    They werent actually all that strong in terms of the MDMA, about 100-110mg but it was the addition of the methamphetamine which caused such an impact.
  • Options

Most 'base' comes as a white hard lump or sometimes sticky. If its white then its amphetamine sulfate which has been wetted down with acetone or something like that.

the "base" we had was pink, what could that be?
  • Options
    I havent heard of any pills which were just meth, but there have been a few in the past with the mix of MDMA and meth in them. Anyone remember the mitzi-triangles?

that's what i meant, a mix, not pure meth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    the "base" we had was pink, what could that be?

Well the very origins of pink speed are somewhat clouded in drug folk law. It is thought that bikers made up a batch of speed quite a long time ago now which went slightly wrong and it came out pink. It was however very strong and sold well.

Since then the pink has virtually always been added to the mix in an effort to differenciate one batch from another.

This colouring is easy with amphetamine sulfate because its a pure white colour. However it would be near impossible with freebase because of the paste consistancy.

So I would say that pink speed is almost certainly amphetamine sulfate.
  • Options
    If you're sniffing good coke probably best to forget the speed unless you're tight for money. The damage to your liver from regular use and the comedowns ain't worth it.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Yeah, because coke is so much better for you. NOT.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Yeah, because coke is so much better for you. NOT.

Yeah, because is speed is without risk :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yeah, because I am likely to be advocating the use of either as a healthy alternative lifestyle on a harm minimisation website.

All drug use has the potential to damage your liver with regular use, as it processes all the toxins in and put in to your body.
  • Options
    Yeah, because I am likely to be advocating the use of either as a healthy alternative lifestyle on a harm minimisation website.

All drug use has the potential to damage your liver with regular use, as it processes all the toxins in and put in to your body.

LOL, eh? If the site is meant to be focussed on harm minimisation then you should consider changing its content. And by the way, you're implying that the person asking the question would be better off using speed as opposed to coke - it's well known amongst users speed causes damage to the liver, more so than cocaine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    LOL, eh? If the site is meant to be focussed on harm minimisation then you should consider changing its content.

That is a matter of opinion, but I can tell you that is the focus of the information.
    And by the way, you're implying that the person asking the question would be better off using speed as opposed to coke - it's well known amongst users speed causes damage to the liver, more so than cocaine.

I'll forgive you for that as you are a newbie, but in case it was a bit subtle for you I will explain - that was sarcasm, in response to your comment advocating that people use cocaine in preference to speed, because speed was worse for your liver. I wsa pointing out that neither are very good for your liver. All drugs have risks.

BTW, just because peoplewho use it say its true doesn't suddenly make it so. There is a lot of myth and hearsay out there.
  • Options
    That is a matter of opinion, but I can tell you that is the focus of the information.

I'll forgive you for that as you are a newbie, but in case it was a bit subtle for you I will explain - that was sarcasm, in response to your comment advocating that people use cocaine in preference to speed, because speed was worse for your liver. I wsa pointing out that neither are very good for your liver. All drugs have risks.

BTW, just because peoplewho use it say its true doesn't suddenly make it so. There is a lot of myth and hearsay out there.

I'm aware it was sarcasm, note my reply. You were implying speed was somehow a better option than cocaine. Seeing how the chap is already using cocaine i'm merely suggesting trying speed isn't worth it unless he's struggling for money.

It's well-known medically speed causes problems for the liver, more so than cocaine. It's not mere hearsay. Thrown in with the harsher comedowns, stomach pains, the skin deterioration and the fact you can get a gram for a 1/5th of the price of a gram of cocaine, i'd say i've got a good basis for my opinion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    It's well-known medically speed causes problems for the liver, more so than cocaine. It's not mere hearsay. Thrown in with the harsher comedowns, stomach pains, the skin deterioration and the fact you can get a gram for a 1/5th of the price of a gram of cocaine, i'd say i've got a good basis for my opinion.

Can I suggest you find some links to support your opinion, rather than saying is is a well-known fact or that it is commonly known? I'm not saying you may not be right, just that they are not valid reasons for saying something is fact. There is a lot of mis-information out there. And in fact, all drugs are metabolised through the liver, so they all affect the liver in a negative way. Just how badly is dependent on how you use/abuse the substance.