Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

quitting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
all my mates smoke, and i've desided to stop, for the sake of my voice and my mental health.....what do i do? how do i act? how do i stop myself from going back to it when they are smoking?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Nobody likes a quitter anyway! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Good luck you sure as hell need it.

Were a lot of help i know :D
  • Options
    Keep yourself busy by finding a new sport or finding something you like to do (that's healthy)

I know it might seem hard to stay away from your friends if you plan to quit smoking when they will most likely be smoking in front of you, but ask them to be a little more considerate around you. Yes they are still your friends but you gotta have respect for the decisions your friends make. If there is a certain time when they all smoke (like right before going out or whatever) then take a walk away or just keep away til they are done. Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    there has been a few times i had to go off dope for a while, i found it easy enough, i supposse you need strong will, if you really want to get off it, you can do it easy, when they are smoking joints just start talking to someone who isn't and try and forget that there's a joint being passed around.
  • Options
    chew chewing gum and suck lollies constantly, keep your mouth busy (perferably not by eating more). It may sound silly but you need to keep your mouth active to numb the cravings a bit, though nothing will stop them completely. Maybe try nicotine patches, they worked for my sister.
  • Options
    Well good luck with it.

Personally I've kind of gone off weed at the moment, I've been sleeping really badly of late and it just makes me really tired.

I'd say dont think about it in terms of giving up for ever, just take a couple of days off from it. Then maybe a week and see how it goes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'd say dont think about it in terms of giving up for ever, just take a couple of days off from it. Then maybe a week and see how it goes.
    bong makes sense.
  • Options
    Cheers Rolly, I might add that to my sig.
  • Options
    when i stopped doing all the drugs i went to hang with my friends and none of them were supportive,they still aren't,and always shove it in my face.the key to it is you just have to say no,no matter how much you want you need to try and think,"ok this is for the better,so no i can't"after awhile it will come easier and easier.it will be hard,i'm not gonna lie to you,but if this is what you want try and stick with it.maybe fool yourself into thinking you have a drug test everyday so no drugs otherwise you will fail.good luck
  • Options
    i know what your up to bong ...your trying to bring this forum down to the level of a radio 4 6am chat show ....i've got my eye on him folks.
  • Options
    There isnt a chat show on at 6am, thats the Today programme, a well respected news show. But then being a dosser you wouldnt get up that early.
  • Options

I've got a few quotes you could add to your sig.
  • Options
    Yeah?! Come on then!
  • Options
    I'm not going to broadcast what type of person you really are here, the level of profanity needed would definitely get me banned. But I bet you'd love that, wouldn't you, you manipulative, cowardly..

:o

Back on topic now.. I care not for you. If you wish to come back at me with some pathetic, limp comment; Anything Goes is that way boyo.
  • Options
    Ha! You of all people attempting to take the high moral ground! A man who so frequently wallows in filth and excrement that you dont even know what its like to be clean anymore.
  • Options
    Don't start a bitching fight, unless I'm involved :D
  • Options
    But then being a dosser you wouldnt get up that early.
    you mean ...cultured man of leisure.