Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
you know that feelin when uve had a blazing row with somebody, and you feel sick and shake you're so angry+you just want to hit someone??? Well, i keep getting that out of the blue!!
I have mentioned this to the doctor, as im on steroids, and she told me its one of the side affects, but its driving me mad!!! :mad:
so, does anybody have any tips for calming down, and quick!!! its making my head so messed up, and i dont just wana sit back and wait for it to go like the doc suggested :banghead:
Thanx
SBG

Comments

• Options
    i've found that beating the crap out of something helps.

preferably something like a pillow or a punchbag or something else soft. not a brick wall like my ex did, cracked fingers hurt lots apparently.
  • Options
    Smouldering in a room and beating the living daylights out of a pillow or something helps. Friends recommend getting a punchbag, for the same reason.

Either that or wait for ti to pass, the only ways.
  • Options
    Yep its one of those side effects that will come and go quite a lot. I had that whern i was on steroids.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Smouldering in a room and beating the living daylights out of a pillow or something helps. Friends recommend getting a punchbag, for the same reason.

Either that or wait for ti to pass, the only ways.

yeah, thats what i normally end up doing, but ggrrr, its still frustrating!! Wish i had a punchbag - could do some punching and kicking+work off some energy too, ggrr!!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    yeah, thats what i normally end up doing, but ggrrr, its still frustrating!! Wish i had a punchbag - could do some punching and kicking+work off some energy too, ggrr!!

why not go to the gym or go jogging or something? put your energy into something worthwhile :)
  • Options
    rage

This is quite a good link on managing anger. I know quite a lot is not relevant to you, as you know the source of your anger, but the tips are quite good. Also totally agreed with suggestion of excercise!
    anger :mad:
  • Options
    Long walks do it for me, even if you end up running, spending time in the countryside always helps.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    i've found that beating the crap out of something helps.

preferably something like a pillow or a punchbag or something else soft. not a brick wall like my ex did, cracked fingers hurt lots apparently.

I always punch walls when angry (which is often) ive ruined the nerves in my knuckles and ive cracked knuckles millions of times. Gradually u build up a resistance to wall pain lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I usually punch the shit out of something! Lol

I also kick doors and punch walls and stuff.

One thing I also find that helps its getting a pillow and screaming as loud as you can innit!

Last time I kicked something it was my bedroom door in my flat after finding out we'd been robbed for the third time. There's now a hole in the bottom of that door, and it's sitting off it's hinges in the spare room.

So not a good idea if you want to keep your door in tact. :eek2:
  • Options
    Well if your a weaklin like me or can't harm a fly, ya ok! Lol

I'm a weakling! It's a council door, a draught going through the room could destroy it! :eek:
  • Options
    I live in council house, lol, I really must be weak lol!

We are having all our doors replaced anyway soon so you know, I can kick the shit outta mine if I wanna! Lol!!!

Are you in a really, really rough, cheap area? In my area they won't replace my front door, apparently it's not "damaged beyond repair" but it wouldn't take more than a four year old kicking it to destroy it. As for my inside doors, when I kicked this one it was revealed that there was a thin layer of wood, with cardboard inside the outer layer of wood. Classy. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Smouldering in a room and beating the living daylights out of a pillow or something helps.

matresses.

:yes:

more resistance than a pillow, but you're still not gonna break anything.