Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wasp bite?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My fella's little girl has been staying with us all this week, anyway on friday she had a rash on bottom of her leg, it had a red mark near it aswell, like a scratch. On saturday it swelled up and she couldnt walk cos it hurt her too much. This morning the scratch has swelled up. Its really red, but she said it doesnt hurt her when she walks, just when I put cream on it. The swelling has gone down tho.

I was woundering, should we take her to the docs? Do you think its a wasp bite? I've been putting savlon, Sudocrem and antiseptic spray on it, not all at the time:p

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Options
    I think you should take her to see the pharmacist at the chemist. They're fully trained and they'll be able to tell you if it is a heat rash, insect bite/sting or something else altogether.
    People often don’t realise that their pharmacist can do so much more than just dispense their medicines. The pharmacist is a trained healthcare professional who can offer advice on minor ailments and of course, medicine usage.

Ask Your Pharmacist
  • Options
    Thanks, yeah I'll and get it sorted tomorrow:)