Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who would you meet,

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is there a chinese buffet at Durham and if so whats the prices like ?
    I can go to my local one and if we just go for tea at about 5 pm it costs us approx 20 quid, thats to eat as much as we like, 3 soft drinks and 2 cups of coffee for afterwards. We have to leave the dining area before 7pm though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan the Man
    Various people, Tweety, Jacq The Ripper, Kermit (a good argument i'm sure :D ) Skive for a :crazyeyes kinda night and so on...
    Yay, I was remembered. Right back at ya :)

Believe it or not, of this site, I am most intrigued to meet Clandestine, Aladdin and Shukes.

Also some others, but those are the ones who would surprise me the most I think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Clandestine,
    and i'd put my money on the guy being a perfect host.
    we could make a film ...a love story ...think about it.
  • Options
    Rachie: Ricardo's is the one on Hollathan Street, but the driving test centre. I've heard good things about the one above Emilio's, opposite the Swan and Three, but never been.

And La Spag food is a lot better than the price they charge.

Lou's shut down because of e.coli, it's re-opened again as Elephant King or something.

There are two Chinese buffets in Durham, about the same price you were saying for your local one Becky. Never been to either, I aren't a huge fan of Chinese food. And there is a proper restaurant on Saddler Street, there's also a Thai place in Milburngate.

Whjat Durham needs is a good Indian.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    and i'd put my money on the guy being a perfect host.
    we could make a film ...a love story ...think about it.

Erm, also think of the fact that he's more than double my age please :p
  • Options
    It's on the left as you head past Dunelm House and past the driving test place. It's not worth visiting, really.

When I'm next in Durham I think I shall :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Erm, also think of the fact that he's more than double my age please :p

Opposites attract, Tal hon;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Rachie: Ricardo's is the one on Hollathan Street, but the driving test centre. I've heard good things about the one above Emilio's, opposite the Swan and Three, but never been.

And La Spag food is a lot better than the price they charge.

Lou's shut down because of e.coli, it's re-opened again as Elephant King or something.

There are two Chinese buffets in Durham, about the same price you were saying for your local one Becky. Never been to either, I aren't a huge fan of Chinese food. And there is a proper restaurant on Saddler Street, there's also a Thai place in Milburngate.

Whjat Durham needs is a good Indian.

I'm gonna test your real knowledge of Italians in Durham now...because I went to one once, not Bella Pasta or a big place like that.

I don't know the street names so I'll try and describe it best as I can and you can tell me if I've dreamt it :lol: When you're round about Waterstones on the main street you turn off down the street and there's this dead posh women's clothes shop through a gate and a kitchenware shop too. It was a teeny little place and was upstairs...was very nice, I must say! Just can't remember the name for the life of me!

Anyway, if anyone can get it from that ridiculous description, I'll be astonished...worth a shot! :D
  • Options
    I know which one you mean, it's up a teeny flight of stairs?

Sounds like it's the one that is opposite what is now Subway.
  • Options
    I know which one you mean, it's up a teeny flight of stairs?

Sounds like it's the one that is opposite what is now Subway.

Yeah, pretty small upstairs too and in two rooms kinda thing. But still nice.

Man this thread has made me hungry :lol:
  • Options

There are two Chinese buffets in Durham, about the same price you were saying for your local one Becky.

Is one of them sat up on a steep hill overlooking a roundabout?

I never used to like chinese but with these buffet places they dont just do chinese meals. Our becks loves salad and they do lots of that, they do things like sausage and chips, they do onion rings and things like that....plus of course chinese dishes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Hanley. It really is very shit. I hope you read this before you go so you don't have to suffer going there. There are some good shops, but you have to search for them.

I'll avoid. I'm really just going up to visit family, but the facts that I've got some very messy people trying to hunt me down and I live in such a shit-hole can only help.

Any sites I should visit? I'm guessing there really isn't much special.
  • Options
    Some things though, are unavoidable. Such a great age gap is. In the sense that you can't overlook it.
    Plus, imagine some killer fights, such a match-making would bring.
  • Options
    rachie004 - Yeah I really liked it, my fella didn't like it because his pasta has mushrooms in it Fettucine Al Funghi means nothing to the poor sod, but I had a lovely meal :)

Would definitely recommend it...if you go you'll have to tell me the name :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    China Joe :yes:

is the one you're thinking of near the rail station?

I dunno tbh.....we got lost and i remember seeing a place up on a hill :lol:
  • Options
    Was it on the Waterstone's side of the bridge or the Swan and Three side?

If it the first one I think it is De Medici. The second...I cannae remember :lol:
  • Options
    Blonde_Batman is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Don't really know anyone else. Jazza Bing seems nice enough. :)
  • Options
    Cool I'll defo be going there then. I know one is called restaurante de medci (or something to that effect) but I can't remember which one :lol:

I'm not surprised, sounds like there are a fair bloody few Italian places to choose from! And not one good Indian...Kermit??
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I dunno tbh.....we got lost and i remember seeing a place up on a hill :lol:

It sounds like China Joe to me. At the top of Castle Chare.
  • Options
    Was it on the Waterstone's side of the bridge or the Swan and Three side?

If it the first one I think it is De Medici. The second...I cannae remember :lol:

Oh Goddd, it was on the side with the street that has all the charity shops on it...I think! Durham seems so confusing to me now, very simple when you're there :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    I'm not surprised, sounds like there are a fair bloody few Italian places to choose from! And not one good Indian...Kermit??

According to my college handbook there are 14- though that does include Bella Italia, Pizza Hut and PIzza Express :lol:

We never really looked for an Indian, the takeout at the end of our street in Gilesgate Moor was good so we just had takeout curries. I highly recommend Latif in newcastle though :yes:
  • Options
    It doesn't help that they're all up small flights of stairs.

La Spag is above a Corals bookmakers, de Medici is opposite Hollathan's cafe bar and Romero (I think it's called) is opposite the Swan and Three pub.
  • Options
    Oh Goddd, it was on the side with the street that has all the charity shops on it...I think!

so you have loadsa charity shops as well :lol::lol:

I was in Durham a couple of weeks ago, it was on a trading estate where that Peters bakers burned down. Round the corner we went to Tescos for our Brekkie :D
  • Options
    We never really looked for an Indian, the takeout at the end of our street in Gilesgate Moor was good so we just had takeout curries. I highly recommend Latif in newcastle though :yes:

Hmm, never heard of it, is it in the City Centre?

I never go anywhere other than South Shields for a curry...stuck in my ways, but never disappointed :D
  • Options
    I was in Durham a couple of weeks ago, it was on a trading estate where that Peters bakers burned down. Round the corner we went to Tescos for our Brekkie :D

:hyper:

We lived around the corner from there, literally 1/4 mile from Tesco. And we've moved now so I might even say the address- the landlady was a slut bitch cunt so can we all letterbomb her?:D
  • Options
    Hmm, never heard of it, is it in the City Centre?

It's on Clayton Street, near the Cathedral. It's about 50 yards from where the 526 bus from Shields stops, and about 100 yards from an excellent real ale pub.

Yay!
  • Options

We lived around the corner from there, literally 1/4 mile from Tesco.

shit, what a bummer........so I probably passed where you lived :(
  • Options
    shit, what a bummer........so I probably passed where you lived :(

Pretty much. We live behind the main road...if you'd gone straight on at the lights instead of left you'd have gone past the end of my street:D
  • Options
    Kermit how close did you live petrol station.. I can't remember for the life of me what its called but it is a reddy/orange colour? (might be total :confused: )

We lived on Kepier Crescent.

From the Esso at the end of Sherburn road go forward for about 1/4 mile and turn left into the estate.
  • Options
    Umm. Theres a few I wouldn't mind meeting (In no particular order:
    • Craig (Obviously)
    • Jacq
    • Lisaarr
    • Lil_Laurraaa
    • Zoe

Etc.