Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Just had a car crash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For anyone who has read my mood swing post you will know that life is just getting better and better (yeh right).

Well i just had a crash, smacked someone up the arse (he randomly slammed on his brakes for no reason and said there was a cat in the road). Anyway his car had no damage what so ever but still wanted my insurance details! What a cock! Hes probably gonna claim for absolutely nothing!

Anyway my car come out pretty bad, got a few dents on my bonnet and one of the hinges has broke so i cant go over 40mph for sure. Basically i need a new bonnet and the paint for it is rare so that will be dear (aubergine).

Pisses me off that hes gonna claim for no damage when my car has all the damage, also my sholder has a red mark and is kinda sore but hes absolutely fine.

Anyway thats just a rant really, you can reply with any advice if you have any or you can contribute to the rant.

*sigh*

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Same thing happened to me about 4 years ago when into the back of my friend's car was following his car to take it to the garage.

    Hardly no damage to his piece of junk car but mine got written off in insurance terms. Although on the surface looked like virtually no damage.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Just had a car crash
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Well i just had a crash, smacked someone up the arse

    100% your fault then as it's a sad fact but that's the score with rear ending accidents that the person that hit the other car up the bum gets all the blame:(
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    also my sholder has a red mark and is kinda sore/B]

    That'll be caused by the seatbelt. Is your neck sore/stiff at all? If it's sore after 2 odd days then you might have whiplash & could counter claim for this injury.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what about if the guy in front's brakes lights weren't working?


    I see so many cars on the road without working lights
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Just had a car crash
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    For anyone who has read my mood swing post you will know that life is just getting better and better (yeh right).

    Well i just had a crash, smacked someone up the arse (he randomly slammed on his brakes for no reason and said there was a cat in the road). Anyway his car had no damage what so ever but still wanted my insurance details! What a cock! Hes probably gonna claim for absolutely nothing!

    Anyway my car come out pretty bad, got a few dents on my bonnet and one of the hinges has broke so i cant go over 40mph for sure. Basically i need a new bonnet and the paint for it is rare so that will be dear (aubergine).

    Pisses me off that hes gonna claim for no damage when my car has all the damage, also my sholder has a red mark and is kinda sore but hes absolutely fine.

    Anyway thats just a rant really, you can reply with any advice if you have any or you can contribute to the rant.

    *sigh*
    i'm sorry but this post actualy made me laugh.
    just when the winds blowing your way ...hard luck but remember ...theres always a good blues song in int somewhere.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry mate, but at the end of the day, if he slammed his brakes on, for whatever reason, you should have kept the 2 second distance between your car and his+been able to stop!! Pain in the arse tho, but it happens!!
    Id look into what crispy said about counter-claiming though, sounds good to me :yes:
    SBG
    P.S. Isnt it illegal to brake to for a cat and cause an accident, but illegal to not brake for a dog??? (im sure that's what ive heard, but it may be wrong, so sorry :confused: )
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    Isnt it illegal to brake to for a cat and cause an accident, but illegal to not brake for a dog??? (im sure that's what ive heard, but it may be wrong, so sorry :confused: )
    your confused with ...run a cat over ...shove it to side of road and be on your way. run a dog over and you have to report the incident.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    your confused with ...run a cat over ...shove it to side of road and be on your way. run a dog over and you have to report the incident.

    ahh, thanx for setting me straight on that :thumb:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeh i know it was my fault technically but i wernt that close behind him, maybe im just retarded and slow :p

    Im only on third party fire and theft.

    Yep he stopped for a cat, i see it happily walking accross the road after the crash. Gotta get a new bonnet now.

    Ah well il live i suppose.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yus. Never mind eh. Get better brakes next time :D
Sign In or Register to comment.