Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid CD

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Godmother gave me a CD she wanted me to copy for her but it's one that has like 10 artists full albums on it and I can't copy it to anything. I only have WMP and I can't use Nero because I have only the one drive. What could I use? It's just the one album she wants.

Comments

• Options
    in WMP there's an option to copy songs from a cd to the harddrive.
    just do that an burn the resulting .wma files with nero on an audio CD.
    to do that though you'll need the free WMA plugin from nero's website (the programm will tell you where to get it when you try to burn WMAs).

another (IMO better) option would be to get the free "dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC)" from http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ and convert the audio files to .mp3 or .wav files and then burn them with nero w/o the WMA plugin trouble.

hope that helps :)
    greetz!
    FLX

[EDIT] you actually can use Nero on its own, just create a new audio cd project, drag the wanted audio files from the cd into the new compilation, put a CD-R in the drive and hit BURN. then nero should ask you for the original audio CD and copy all the data on your harddrive in a temp file, then it'll want the CD-R back and just burn it [/EDIT]
  • Options
    Thanks :thumb: I managed to work out how to use Nero to do it.
  • Options