Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

For skin - something I tried!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a night out...felt drained, looked ick etc...and of course make up left on over night- very bad for skin...! I tried Nivea Visage- Active Purifying Mask for a clear complexion- amazing!! Has added moisture to my skin, has helped clear any evil spots appearing and yeh...I'd highly recommend it!! And I have incredibly sensitive skin too and this was perfect!! :D

Comments

• Options
    personally, for a good skin pick-me-up, i like the Lush fresh face masks.....yummy!:thumb:
  • Options
    Re: For skin - something I tried!
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    I had a night out...felt drained, looked ick etc...and of course make up left on over night- very bad for skin...! I tried Nivea Visage- Active Purifying Mask for a clear complexion- amazing!! Has added moisture to my skin, has helped clear any evil spots appearing and yeh...I'd highly recommend it!! And I have incredibly sensitive skin too and this was perfect!! :D

Sounds good...was it a sachet then? Or a tube? Haven't seen it as far as I can remember, but will keep an eye out.

Personally I like the cheap method of beating an egg, applying it to my face, leaving it 20 minutes and then rinsing off. Instant face-lift-esque tightening (not as horrific as it sounds) and already in your fridge.

Also lurve mashed apricots and olive oil, slap 'em on my face for 10 minutes and then wash it off. Really does work, dodgy as it sounds :D
  • Options
    Re: For skin - something I tried!
    Originally posted by malteser monkay

wow, sounds great!! may try it, as i have eczema and sensitive skin+its quite dull recently!! how much was it, and was it just 1 mask in a pack, or a tube or the stuff??
  • Options
    Re: Re: For skin - something I tried!
    Originally posted by briggi
    Personally I like the cheap method of beating an egg, applying it to my face, leaving it 20 minutes and then rinsing off. Instant face-lift-esque tightening (not as horrific as it sounds) and already in your fridge.

wouldnt raw egg run off your face?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: For skin - something I tried!
    Originally posted by freak
    wouldnt raw egg run off your face?

Not at all, you don't slather it on or anything...just coat your face in let, let it dry out (you'll feel it tightening on your skin as it does) and then rinse it off with warm water. Voila! Might not work for you but worth a try for the price of an egg.
  • Options
    any preference whether free range or battery? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    any preference whether free range or battery? :p

Oh, free range. Always. :lol:
  • Options
    Totally mis-read the title of this thread. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Totally mis-read the title of this thread. :crazyeyes
    well i guess no specific area of skin was specified..
  • Options
    Re: Re: For skin - something I tried!
    Originally posted by briggi

Also lurve mashed apricots and olive oil, slap 'em on my face for 10 minutes and then wash it off. Really does work, dodgy as it sounds :D

:eek2: ooookay, I will give it a try. *shrugs* why not?
  • Options
    The GP I work for gave me a tip yesterday - she said banana and honey mixed to a paste, spread on the skin for ten minutes three times a week is great for the skin. :)
  • Options
    nivea stuff is evil, and makes me break out in a rash. suitable for sensitive skin my arse. :(

but i might try some of the natural things. minus the dodgy chemicals, my skin's much happier.
  • Options
    I'm currently trying the egg yolk one and can honestly say it does work, cool!! :)
  • Options
    was reading in closer today, if you have bags under your eyes and stuff, antonio bandras and martine mccutcheon plunge there faces into ice cold water and that gets rid of them

:chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    was reading in closer today, if you have bags under your eyes and stuff, antonio bandras and martine mccutcheon plunge there faces into ice cold water and that gets rid of them

Hmm, never heard that before...but there are so many tips and tricks about that it's no surprise :D

Other than plenty of water and enough (good quality) sleep, there are a few natural remedies I use...I love them, if you can't already tell!) Personally I use almond oil under my eyes when I've been stressed/not getting great quality sleep (and therefore have shadows round my eyes). Before I go to bed I cleanse and then apply the oil, leave it ten mins and then wipe it off with cotton wool pads. Works for me.

If I've got saddlebags under the old eyes however, I was told by my mum to do this - peel a potato and slice two centimetre thick slices, dampen the eye area and then laze about with them covering the eyelid and under eye. After ten to fifteen minutes, whip 'em off, clean the eye area with warm water et voila.

Anyyyway, on topic...did the egg yolk do anything for ya then BumbleBee? Hope so :D
  • Options
    and that gets rid of them

*as if by magic*
  • Options
    I don't think I could ever slap raw egg yolk all over my face. Even if it is great for the skin. Mmmm chicken foetus food..
  • Options

presmably the coldness of the water would make all the veins in the bags under your eyes contract away from the skin and thus provide a temporary solution.