Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically I got a speeding ticket a while back but forgot about it - the time for payment of the original £60 fine is over but I think I'll probably be ok if I just write a note saying I was away from the house for the time period and provide payment. However if I'm not I might have to pay £1000.

I'm actually going to be leaving the UK for a year in a matter of weeks - If i just ignore the fine what can happen . . . will the car get taken, will they go to court without me and decide I owe a grand anyway or can they do nothing because I'm out of the country?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Pay the fine. It's just easier.

Then find the person who issued it, and remove their fucking bollocks. Traffic police are the scum of the fucking earth.
  • Options
    T'was a bloody camera and sadly, lacks bollocks . . . much like traffic police ;)
  • Options
    Shame.

I hate cameras, because they never snap the fucking old man who does 20mph on the dual carriageway.

And this rant isn't bitterness, I don't speed.
  • Options
    Ah its a fair cop really - I did the crime, only fair I pay the fine.

Just got too much going on right now, could do without the fucking hassle . . . and they can't take payment over the phone, plus I have to send my license off ... arghh!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK
    Ah its a fair cop really - I did the crime, only fair I pay the fine.

Just got too much going on right now, could do without the fucking hassle . . . and they can't take payment over the phone, plus I have to send my license off ... arghh!!!! :mad:
    you'll have to pay the tillerman i'm afraid ...yes they will take you to court if you don't ...if your out of the country a summons could be taken out against your belongingds ...you get back ...all gone!
    and don't leave your cr parked on the road whilst gone ...if the tax runs out they'll be having that away as well.
  • Options
    You have to pay it. I work for a court in town and I have to deal with the fines and if you don't pay the fine then a warrant is usually sent out.
  • Options
    Re: Advice
    Originally posted by Jon_UK
    Basically I got a speeding ticket a while back but forgot about it - the time for payment of the original £60 fine is over but I think I'll probably be ok if I just write a note saying I was away from the house for the time period and provide payment. However if I'm not I might have to pay £1000.

I'm actually going to be leaving the UK for a year in a matter of weeks - If i just ignore the fine what can happen . . . will the car get taken, will they go to court without me and decide I owe a grand anyway or can they do nothing because I'm out of the country?

Any help appreciated

They will take your car if it's left outside and you don't respond.
  • Options
    Shit, thought as much - thanks for the advice lads and ladesses...much appreciated