Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i whine alot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my tooth. it hurts so much. oh so fucking much. i don't much feel like codene anymore (not to mention that I'm all out of it and I don't know how it is over there but its not exatly as easy as saying to the pharmacy guy, hey, give me some codene bitch, and then getting it, also the pharmacy is also closed sundays) but anyways i've got enough tylenol and ibstuff in me to cure an army group thingy all of headaches. look at that i don't even know what an army group is called today. and enough oragel in my mouth that the whole right side of my face is numb *except* one spot of throbbing pain. Oh the convience. apperantly emergancy dentistry is not a popular thing therefore I have to wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow just to go thru a bit more pain. Thats right, a root canal for me. Oh how excited I am. But I don't mean to rant, or actually I do or I would not be typing this. But at the moment I cannot lay down because it just makes it hurt more so even though I've slept only a few hours in the last couple days and am tired I can't sleep because the pain won't let me. So since it is only 4:30 in the morning I have not much else to do than sit on here and beg for somebody to entertain me. And now, I've just gotten the hiccups.

Comments

• Options
    BOO!

That was to scare you out of the hiccups, I wasn't being pissy and saying boo-hoo at your toothache or anything.
  • Options
    op, still got em :(:p
  • Options
    i sympathise. toothache is the most horrible kind of pain. nothing makes it better, either.

only i have to wait til early 2006 to have mine done :mad:
  • Options
    ohhh ouch, you have my sympathy :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i sympathise. toothache is the most horrible kind of pain. nothing makes it better, either.

only i have to wait til early 2006 to have mine done :mad:

Get a new dentist
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Get a new dentist

will make no difference. i have to have it out at the dental hospital, cause of fucked-up-ness very near the nerve in my face i need a general anaesthetic, and you can't have them in dentists anymore, blah blah.

the dental hospital waiting list is 18-months to 2 years. nice.

my other option is going private, which i just can't afford.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    toothache is the most horrible kind of pain.
    How many kinds of pain have you had? I've had at least one that was way worse than any toothache I've had.
  • Options
    it is rumoured that giving birth is a vaugly uncomfortable experience, possibly on a par with tooth ache
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    How many kinds of pain have you had? I've had at least one that was way worse than any toothache I've had.

get back to me when you've had it for 3 months, and the max doses of the painkillers make no difference anymore, and you still have another 21 months to go before anything will be done about it, and your face is swollen from your forehead to your shoulders, and it feels like you've been shot in the face.

yes, a lot of things probably hurt more. i imagine giving birth definitely does. but it's somewhat self-limiting.
  • Options
    Once I had a really bad ear ache during a history class. It hurt so bad i couldn't sit still, I just had to figit to try and take my attention away from the pain. Couldn't wait for that class to end. :(

BTW it was a really bad ear infection - I wasn't being a whining little bitch! :lol:
  • Options
    get back to me when you've had it for 3 months, and the max doses of the painkillers make no difference anymore, and you still have another 21 months to go before anything will be done about it, and your face is swollen from your forehead to your shoulders, and it feels like you've been shot in the face.

yes, a lot of things probably hurt more. i imagine giving birth definitely does. but it's somewhat self-limiting.

Yes that is the thing about childbirth. You know it can't last forever.

Kaffrin, I think that is totally disgusting, is there NOTHING you can do? :( Isn't there another hospital you could ask to be refferred to?
  • Options

Yes but giving birth doesnt last for months, i do sympatise.
    You should come to Bristol, i had to be sedated to have a tooth out & it didnt even hurt & it was only a few weeks wait!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Yes but giving birth doesnt last for months, i do sympatise.
    You should come to Bristol, i had to be sedated to have a tooth out & it didnt even hurt & it was only a few weeks wait!

Yes, but like they told me when I had a cracked wisdom tooth that needed extracting a month or two ago, there's a nerve that can be quite near to the root and if it is it can cause problems. Mine wasn't, presumably Kaffrin's is. That's why she has to have it done in hospital I think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Yes, but like they told me when I had a cracked wisdom tooth that needed extracting a month or two ago, there's a nerve that can be quite near to the root and if it is it can cause problems. Mine wasn't, presumably Kaffrin's is. That's why she has to have it done in hospital I think.

I had to go to a dental hospital like Kaffs on about.

It was an oral surgeon which being silly at the time & nervous, it made me laugh :/.
  • Options

:yes:

pain in the arse.

and i've been told i can have it done tomorrow, but not on the NHS. and I just can't afford to pay privately.
  • Options
    I had to go to a dental hospital like Kaffs on about.

Oh I see, I thought you meant at the dentists! My mistake. And the wait was only a couple of weeks.... isn't it terrible that they can even think about leaving you in pain like that for 2 years. I refuse to believe there can't be a way round it.
  • Options
    Oh I see, I thought you meant at the dentists! My mistake. And the wait was only a couple of weeks.... isn't it terrible that they can even think about leaving you in pain like that for 2 years. I refuse to believe there can't be a way round it.

Yeah it was a month max & i didnt hurt. I think thats discusting making her wait like that.
  • Options
    :yes:

pain in the arse.

and i've been told i can have it done tomorrow, but not on the NHS. and I just can't afford to pay privately.

Any idea how much it costs to have it done privately?
  • Options
    I am just amazed that they would make you wait that long, I mean surely between now and then there has to be at least one opening for one dental doctor. Why exatly is it like that? Oh thats horrible for you :( Why even do they make you wait a month?
  • Options
    I refuse to believe there can't be a way round it.

i'm sure there is, but they won't tell me what it is. they just keep saying (in that annoying voice that makes you feel about 4) 'if you want NHS treatment, you have to wait on the NHS waiting list'.

so my next plan of action is to ring NHS direct and cry down the phone. yes. see if they can offer any insider tips.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stressedstar
    i'm on a massive waiting list for sedation for my teeth. i have a terrible, terrible fear of dentists and cant be like, unsedated when i have the work done cos i panic too much. i need so much done to my teeth too! :( i need lots of fillings and a couple rebuilt, plus one at the front relaced as it is gone! :eek: i get toothache its sooo unbearable i just scream loads.

BTW i do look after my teeth the best i can, brush twice daily etc its just weak teeth seem to run in my family-i dont have dodgy teeth cos i neglect them or anything!!
    mine are smiling at me from the top of the monitor.
  • Options
    There has to be a way, it's ridiculous to think you could put up with that for 2 years. I've got my thinking head on......
  • Options
    Any idea how much it costs to have it done privately?

£1100 - £1600 for them all out in a nice BUPA hospital with a bed for the day and pimpy aftercare.

£250 per tooth in the NHS hospital with MRSA and general bad things.
  • Options
    Chris said you should apply to travel further afield to get it done. It was on the news apparently.
  • Options
    Chris said you should apply to travel further afield to get it done. It was on the news apparently.

I was thinking the same, cause we weren't happy with the treatment my partner was getting at our local hospital and we just asked our GP to refer him to another one. And it was as simple as that.
  • Options
    ooh, can you do that? that's a fab idea.

will look into it...
  • Options
    Kaffrin, I don't know if this applies to dentistry too, but it might be worth checking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/talking/gp/nhs_lists.shtml
  • Options
    Kaffrin, I don't know if this applies to dentistry too, but it might be worth checking.

i don't think the targets apply to dentisty. i was chatting to the nurse, about how there's this supposed 11 week waiting list limit (yeah right) and she said it doesn't apply, cause it's non-essential, or something.... they seem to operate under a whole different system. very shit.

but i'm gonna find out if i can be referred to places in other parts of yorkshire. although not the mid yorkshire hospitals, cause i've read about that report :eek2:
  • Options
    Yeah, but hopefully that College of Health Helpline thing might apply to dental hospitals too. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Toothache is definitely the worst kind of pain I've ever experienced. That and serious back problems. See I was lucky when I had dental surgery, I just went to a regular local NHS hospital, which happens to have a Oral-Maximillo Facial Unit. Or whatever they call it. But yeh have been having dental treatment for coming up to 10 years, It's such a bitch, Can sympathise. Try getting prescription painkillers, i know i've needed them at times.