Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Serious mood swings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasnt gonna post anything because in my opinion i worry too much but lately iv been having really bad mood swings.

Im not on my steriods anymore so this is a different issue but lately iv been having mood swings that have been putting me and others in real danger. Heres a couple of examples:

If i wake up in a good mood (rarely) then i will have a shitty day and end up doing stupid things later but if i wake up in a bad mood i just end up like that all day.

Yesterday i neraly killed myself, i was driving along a main road (not a motorway but the same thing) and there was roadworks up ahead with a massive crane lorry obstructing the road so obviously traffic was going round it. At this point i got a sudden rush of anger (i get these rushes a lot) so i put my foot down and was heading for this crane. I cant remember how fast i was going but all my concentration was focused on hitting this crane. I put on my cd player and it started playing blink 182 my favorite band. I looked up and see this crane in front of me so i quickly swerved out the way causing other cars to swerve too. I nearly died it was so scary but it seemed like the music helped me out.

That was the worst scenario so far but im worried what will happen in the future. It just seems like everything in my life is going incredibly wrong at the moment and i always suddenly break out into angry, sad or aggresive moods.

I honestly dont wanna hurt myself or anyone else but it might be heading that way.

Oh yeh just remembered, the other day i was out with some good friends of mine and we was at a pool hall. I beat my friend at a game and we started mucking around pretending to have a jackie chan fight (lol sad i know) but suddenly i grabben his neck and pinned him up against a wall and it took 3 other guys to pull me off. I didnt wanna do it coz hes my friend but it happened.

Whats happening?

Thanx and sorry its long, also sorry for another bad thread but i needed to let it out.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe go to the doctors before things get too much cause you don't want to hurt yourself. Hope things are better soon. Feel free to let your anger out on me on msn an say how you feel.
  • Options
    anger

It is strange that you are experiencing these intense emotions seemingly out of nowhere. It might be worth talking to someone about it in case it is a sign that something else in your body is not quite right at the moment or that you are over stressed. Although you said that you have stopped taking the steroids it still might be related, like the way people withdraw from cigarettes (I don't really know if that's how it works but maybe something worth discussing with a doctor). I just found this fact sheet on anger which I think is really good. I hope this helps.anger
  • Options
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Maybe go to the doctors before things get too much cause you don't want to hurt yourself. Hope things are better soon. Feel free to let your anger out on me on msn an say how you feel.

I could never let my anger out on you, your my friend and i dont let it out on friends.

@ Luci, it may still be steriod related but its all coming out of nowhere. One second i will be fine and the next i wanna hurt someone. I could talk to one of my best friends about it and he will help out as much as he can, so will my best girl friend.

I keep thinking about alcohol and drugs but i honestly dont wanna resort to them.
  • Options
    alcohol and drugs

It is good that you have friends that will help but it might also really help to talk to a doctor or counsellor about dealing strategies. You are right not to want to turn to drugs and alcohol as they will make the mood swings loads worse. They have the effect of making things way more intense, for example, you must have seen enough drunken people who are one minute telling everyone they love them and they are then crying in the toilets about however everyone hates them. If you are wanting a crazy night out with your friends drinking can be great but if you want to find balance and to feel in control of your emotions its definately not the way to go.
  • Options
    I need to talk to one of my best mates, i havent seen him for over 2 weeks and i miss him to bits. He will help me out i know he will.

Im always gonna keep at least one blink 182 cd in my car too coz that seems to calm me down. Im trying everything i can to get out and have been out more than usual in the last couple of days so thats good.

By the way this post is taking ages to type, i cant exactly see the keys with water in my eyes. Luckily i dont need to look at them to type.
  • Options
    The earliest appointment i could get was wednesday evening, typical nhs.
  • Options
    Hey Rudebwoy
    I'm sorry you're so upset at the moment and hope it clears soon, but even if it does it sounds like you need to address these problems with your anger and mood swings.
    It sounds like you're beginning to learn how to cope with it - which is the key to moving forward to be honest. Even small things like having music you like in your car will make the difference when a trigger hits and your anger levels start to rise. Other things that can really help are breathing exercises, meditation and regular exercise. therea re some good suggestions in the following links:

Mind's factsheet on rage/ anger

Coping with stress

Also, what is your diet like? This survey shows that changes in eating patterns can often lead to mood swings. However, I really think that you should visit your GP and tell them honestly about all these issues as mood swings can be caused by so many things.

It does sound like counselling could help you to learn what's at the root of your anger. For more info about counsellors, talk to your GP or try contacting British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, who produce a directory of counselling resources throughout the UK.
    Telephone: 0870 4435252
    www.bacp.co.uk

Finally, if you just want to talk to someone about these issues a good place to start is an organisation that has trained staff who can help you without passing judgement - the following helplines are really good:

Careline
    Telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500
    www.careline.org.uk

Samaritans
    Confidential help for anyone who is suicidal or despairing.
    Telephone: 08457 909090
    www.samaritans.org.uk

SANELINE
    Offers practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems. The service is open from 12 noon until 2am.
    Telephone: 0845 767 8000 Website: www.sane.org.uk

Good luck

:)
  • Options
    wow thanks spanner il take a read of those articles you gave me. Im seeing my GP wednesday but the last time all this happened he said it was a "teenage boy thing" and this made it worse but my best friends parents let me live with them for a week and it helped me out.

Thanks again il be reading up.
  • Options
    Now im getting bad headaches and blurry vision from this and its happening quite frequently.....weird.
  • Options
    Hi just to let you know iv been given antidepressants and being reffered to "Mind" anger management classes.

Thanks for all your help
  • Options
    Yes it sounds like you have some sort of bipolar disorder.

I hope it gets sorted out :)
  • Options
    That sounds really positive - hope the classes help.
    :)
  • Options
    Thanks again, just the thought of getting help is making me feel better already :)