Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

most delicious lunch

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Ive just had the most delicious lunch ever,
jalapeno stuffed olives, sage and garlic ciabatta, spicy chorizo, salami milano, panacetta, pine nuts, garlic cloves with herbs, sun kissed tomatoes in olive oil.
we sat on the living room floor and had it as a picnic after spending nearly twenty quid in the deli earlier. It was such a treat, and then we sat and watched minder while i ate green and blacks chocolate with raisins and hazlenuts and had LOCAL wine - Colchester rose` from a vineyard a few miles up the road. I feel a bit drunk now.
* *all happy **
:D :cool: :yum:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ooo... I think my best lunch would be the whitebait followed by sea bass with a white wine sause stuffed with king prawns and a salad, and topped off with a massice slice of chocolate cake, this was ages ago when i was on holiday with my sis, I normally never eat salard but with the sause it was lovely
  • Options
    mm, that sounds quite nice too, (btw - its spelt `sauce`:cool: )
    im not overkeen on whitebait, because you can see their little faces, but apart from that
    :yum:
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for my tea, my stepdad is taking ages at the Chinese :crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    mm, that sounds quite nice too, (btw - its spelt `sauce`:cool: )
    im not overkeen on whitebait, because you can see their little faces, but apart from that
    :yum:

oops.. it's suppose to be battarded whitebait lol it was lovely.. my bro had a 14pound steak:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    oops.. it's suppose to be battarded whitebait lol it was lovely.. my bro had a 14pound steak:eek2:

No it isn't. Whitebait is not battered. If you just stick a couple of the fork and shove it in your mouth, you don't feel as bad.

Anyone who has had a Brown's Hamburger at Brown's knows how good it is.

Oooh, or perhaps at this fish restaurant in Central London where I had White Bait with garlic mayo and rabbit food, follow by posh restaurant style bangers and mash - Aberdeen sausages with creamy mash and sautéd red cabbage or something like that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    No it isn't. Whitebait is not battered. If you just stick a couple of the fork and shove it in your mouth, you don't feel as bad.

opps... i ment mine was battered sorry, I liked it and yus whitebait is fucking lovely.
  • Options
    Re: most delicious lunch
    Ive just had the most delicious lunch ever,
    jalapeno stuffed olives, sage and garlic ciabatta, spicy chorizo, salami milano, panacetta, pine nuts, garlic cloves with herbs, sun kissed tomatoes in olive oil.
    we sat on the living room floor and had it as a picnic after spending nearly twenty quid in the deli earlier. It was such a treat, and then we sat and watched minder while i ate green and blacks chocolate with raisins and hazlenuts and had LOCAL wine - Colchester rose` from a vineyard a few miles up the road. I feel a bit drunk now.
    * *all happy **
    :D :cool: :yum:
    sounds like home!
    we had ...very creamy mash spuds with beef and german suasage in a kendo suace ...yum.
  • Options
    Mash is sooooo fowl :yuck: now roast potato's I can eat them with anything,

I think I will have some Macaroni cheese,
  • Options
    Re: Re: most delicious lunch
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    sounds like home!
    we had ...very creamy mash spuds with beef and german suasage in a kendo suace ...yum.
    ooh sounds nice, whats Kendo sauce got in it?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: most delicious lunch
    ooh sounds nice, whats Kendo sauce got in it?
    you won't believe this ...if you see it buy it ...then make your own from the ingredients list.
    tomato ketchup ...not paste but ketchup.
    brown sauce. worcester sauce ...as in lee and perrins ...smooth peanut butter ...ginger powder.
    that simple ...incredibly tasty ...i added lamb oxo cubes and onions and garlic.
    you could add almost anything ...spicy fruity savoury ...whatever takes your fancy.
    oh yeah ...i also added butter and cornflour to give that smooooothnessssss.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Mash is sooooo fowl :yuck: now roast potato's I can eat them with anything.

Potato is potato. Unless you eat that instant shit some people have. If you take a roast potato, and squash it under your fork, you've got mash. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    i had vanilla pudding for dinner. and it was damn good, better than any of these delicious meals that you people are eating and bragging about... :(

Aww want some of my macaroni cheese :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Potato is potato. Unless you eat that instant shit some people have. If you take a roast potato, and squash it under your fork, you've got mash. :p

my mum adds milk to mash
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: most delicious lunch
    you won't believe this ...if you see it buy it ...then make your own from the ingredients list.
    tomato ketchup ...not paste but ketchup.
    brown sauce. worcester sauce ...as in lee and perrins ...smooth peanut butter ...ginger powder.
    that simple ...incredibly tasty ...i added lamb oxo cubes and onions and garlic.
    you could add almost anything ...spicy fruity savoury ...whatever takes your fancy.
    oh yeah ...i also added butter and cornflour to give that smooooothnessssss.
    that sounds really nice actually, like a cross between sweet and sour and a satay.
    Id like to know the exact way you make it so i can give it a try, Ive got some gorgeous duchy organic sausages in the freezer to go with it. If youve got a min to write down the recipe, can you pm me it?
  • Options
    I made a delicious mash the other day. I had some wensleydale with cranberries, so i mashed that in with some olive oil and a little salt and we had it with lamb and brocolli.
    It was sooo nice, made a change from the usual buttery mash (which i must admit I love too)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: most delicious lunch
    If youve got a min to write down the recipe, can you pm me it?
    done.

speaking of olive oil (virgin) ...did you know that it's realy good for hair skin nails eyes heart stomach bowels ...it's also an anti inflamatory so eases joint pain ...when used hugely and you eat lots of tomatoes it also fights cancer.
    wonder medicine.
    i drink 20 mils every morning!
    makes having a dump a delight ...comes out like potters clay.
  • Options
    I'm having a veggie burger with roast tatties for my Sunday dinner... Not in the mood for ickle lamb :(

little%20lamb.jpg

As for meals... I dunno... depends on my mood. But I like omlette.
  • Options
    yummy lamb :yum:
  • Options
    i once had a couple of geese named ...sage and onion.
    i also had ducks with names like vindloo and byriani.
  • Options
    Is it true that farmers make paté from sheep eyeballs & put it on toast?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Is it true that farmers make paté from sheep eyeballs & put it on toast?
    not heard of that one but round here they still eat pidgeon pie ...crow pie ...and other assorted birdy things ...all freshly blown out of the sky.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: most delicious lunch
    done.

thanks mate :D
    im gonna make that
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    I am not into all that foody stuff.

Chicken n chips will do me fine:D

Sometimes simple food can be best, I still like my simple food but it is nice to have a well prepared and present meal sometimes, lots of flavor and texture in the food :yum: I don't go out and eat much but when I do I always have a really unuseral or nice meal, the only time I experement with food is when I'm out, I don't know why I just do, simple food is nice I have to admit but sometimes it's just to plain, boring, sometimes you need a nice flavour of juices and texture of the meat as it crumbles in your mouth,

god im hungry:(
  • Options
    I dont like other foods. i am tres fussy
    I dont understand that attitude. I just think youre missing out on so much. tastes and textures of different foods are one of lifes great pleasures.
    Do you think its because of the way you were fed as you grew up? do your mum and dad only eat things like chicken and chips too?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: most delicious lunch
    thanks mate :D
    im gonna make that
    i just did! again ...
    this time i've chopped up some frying steak and mixed it with minced beef onions garlic ginger etc ...plus lamb oxo cubes and butter and cornflour ...mash spuds on the top ...cheese on the top of that.
    just put the veg on and the roasties in ...mustn't forget the yorkshires ...
    i just know every plate will be cleaned.
  • Options
    nope they like all different stuff.

I dont like fruits, most vegetables, i cant stand salad stuff except cucumber, dont like spices, nothing sweet or sour.

Never do I, I fucking hate it but they're are alot of foods out there when mixed together taste lovely,

Trust me.. if you tried this food I had on holiday you would love it:)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: most delicious lunch
    i just did! again ...
    this time i've chopped up some frying steak and mixed it with minced beef onions garlic ginger etc ...plus lamb oxo cubes and butter and cornflour ...mash spuds on the top ...cheese on the top of that.
    just put the veg on and the roasties in ...mustn't forget the yorkshires ...
    i just know every plate will be cleaned.
    well mr roll ...i must say that was delicous!
    burp ... fart ...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: most delicious lunch
    well mr roll ...i must say that was delicous!
    burp ... fart ...

wtf:confused:
  • Options
    I like all food basically apart from- Mushrooms, Egg, Nuts and most fish oh and brocolli and kidney beans.
  • Options
    my diet consists of turkey toasties, waffles and eggs, chip and gravy or chicken supernoodles
    hope you take a multivitamin, and watch your heart, that diet sounds incredibly high in salt.