Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does anyone have

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Creative Recorder? It's something that get's bundled with Creative Labs sound cards that allows you to record anything coming from your speakers.

Looks like this:

wm9d.h11.gif

Comments

• Options
    No but I love creative labs hardware/software, would it work on any type of soundcard, if so could I download it.. Looks pretty funkeh:)
  • Options
    Yeah it works of any s/c. I know you cannot download, it only comes with the drivers you get. I dunno where my CD is any more so I can't get it.
  • Options
    ahhhh bugger:( looks cool
  • Options
    I made a zip of my old SB16 card which I sold back in Jan 2000. If I can work out a way of extracting just the player, I'll upload it.
  • Options
    There should be (I think) just a stand alone .exe for the creative recorder,
  • Options
    Why would you want to record stuff coming out of your speaker for though?

Sorry if i'm totally missing the point of this piece of software:eek2:
  • Options
    It's good to record streaimg audio. It's also good for if you need a tune ID... you can just record the part of the track you want then upload it with out the hasstle of choping up the tune to get the bit you want.
  • Options
    I think I've found what you want. Unfortunately it's a tad too big to upload in the forum, whats your addy and I'll email straight across.

It might be a newer version and theres no promises that it'll work, but it's worth a try. It's ripped straight off one of my driver disks.

You might also want to check out the creative website, under drivers or utilities you'll probably find the option to download all of the crap they put on the disk.
  • Options
    I've tried downloading them before but I didn't get what I wanted.

My email is swiftyuk@gmail.com
  • Options
    what the fuck?

why not just use sound recorder?

if you go to advanced sound properties in control panel you can set your "recording device" to "stereo mix" then you record the stuff in sound recorder.