Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The greatest gift you've ever recieved...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...was???
Just thought of this random question, who bought it you, what was it for, and why is it the best pressie you've ever got!!!
Mine was a bottle of this lovely, and very expensive, perfume my boyfriend bought me last birthday! Or, maybe the hand-made anniversary card he made me (although ive lost that, think his nan's chucked it away :( )
Well??
SBG

Comments

• Options
    My Mum took me to New York for my 18th birthday, I think that would have to be the best gift ever, that or the barrel of vodka my friends got me for passing all my exams.
  • Options
    The gift of life :D

Other than, and speaking materially, probably the photo album my parents gave me on my 18th birthday, complete with photos from every remotely-important moment in my life, and the obligatory sarcastic comments. I will treasure it forever (privately, due to naked baby photos!) :)
  • Options
    Aww you wait, the other half has to see them.. :p

me.. best present I ever got was a £60/70 bottle of aftershave, and the best thing I've brough someone was.. I don't know:( I brought lots of things for people.
  • Options
    my car :heart:

because it means i can go wherever i want. and that's the best thing ever.
  • Options
    I'd say my car, though technically it's not 'my' car. I kinda share it, but I get to drive it most. :D

Also for my 19th birthday my sister arranged for me to have a personal shopper and everyone chipped in. :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    my car :heart:

because it means i can go wherever i want. and that's the best thing ever.

ditto. though it wasn't really a gift, just a hey, take this pile of crap because you ruined the other pile of crap you had now leave because you annoy us kinda thing. but deep inside i know they care and it was the thought and love that counts.

That or the Lion King coloring books and box of 96 Crayola crayons I got for my birthday a month ago. That gift was pretty cool.
  • Options
    Best gift I ever got was....urm....I dont think i've had it yet. Give it 3 weeks an I'll let you know.
  • Options
    I'd say the best gift I've ever had would be my personal CD player from my mum, I'd be stuck without it!

I don't really get many gifts, let alone good gifts, but it's the thought that counts, right? :p
  • Options
    http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0134600

this was easily the greatest thing that ever happened to me, shes gorgeous and never leaves me or yells at me, bet you thought it was a girl while you were reading this,
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave

this was easily the greatest thing that ever happened to me, shes gorgeous and never leaves me or yells at me, <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=bet&v=56">bet</a&gt; you thought it was a girl while you were reading this,

mine's called jack, he's a black encore.....what's yours called??:p

my best pressie was a kurt cobain's journals from shyboy....
    :D
  • Options
    £1000 in cash from my grandad for my 18th. (god knows why he didnt just write a cheque).

my face was like this: :eek2:

or maybe when my ex surprised me and took me away for new year.
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    mine's called jack, he's a black encore.....what's yours called??:p

my best pressie was a kurt cobain's journals from shyboy....
    mines a black american strat, i just refer to it as her/she depending on grammatical situations
  • Options
    My teddy that I got when I was born.

Still got it to this day, it's actually in better condition than a lot of the ones I've bought over the years (like the ones who's eyes fall out in the washing machine). And I still need it there every single night, otherwise I find it harder to sleep.

You wouldn't think I'm 3 months and a day away from being 21, would ya?
  • Options
    I can't remember if it was a birthday present, but I started having piano lessons a week before my sixth birthday, and I got a piano about two weeks later. It's a rather shit piano, but the good things that have come from my parents pushing me into music are great.
  • Options

this was easily the greatest thing that ever happened to me, shes gorgeous and never leaves me or yells at me, bet you thought it was a girl while you were reading this,

No, I'm sure we could all quite clearly see the link to the Fender website.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    No, I'm sure we could all quite clearly see the link to the Fender website.
    doh! it was really early when i wrote that, i didnt realise it actually said fender in the link, bit stupid though since thats where i went.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I can't remember if it was a birthday present, but I started having piano lessons a week before my sixth birthday, and I got a piano about two weeks later. It's a rather shit piano, but the good things that have come from my parents pushing me into music are great.

I'm gonna go with my saxophone, from my parents, for similar reasons. :yes:
  • Options
    Hmmm. When i finished my A levels last year, my ex somehow tracked down a copy still in its cellophane of Aladdin on VHS. Considering Disney stopped selling it about 8 years previously, i don't know how he got hold of it or what he paid for it, but yeah, that's my best gift ever. Just because it would have been so difficult to get it and he knew how much i wanted it.
  • Options
    doh! it was really early when i wrote that, i didnt realise it actually said fender in the link, bit stupid though since thats where i went.

you think ur stupid?? i actually fell for it, lmao :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    you think ur stupid?? i actually fell for it, lmao :rolleyes:

:yeees:
  • Options

ohh i've got one of those too, its dark purple :D though what it really is is a dust collecter. i think i played it once after i bought it and havn't touched it since.

but i change mine, my bestest gift (even though i bought it myself) is my little stuffed simba. he goes everywhere with me and now is kinda just like a rag :p but hes mine :D
  • Options
    Mine wud probably be the CDs my lil sis gave me on my 16th. She gave me 3 CDs at diferent times of day and it meant so much because that was the only prezzie i recieved on my actual bday, and she had gone out of her way to get the ones i had really wanted even though i dont recall telling her.....
  • Options
    My christmas and birthday presents from my boyfriend.

At christmas he bought me a beautiful white gold and diamond necklace, and then for my birthday he gave me the matching bracelet.
    And the second part of my present I havent actually recieved yet...hes taking me to London for the weekend for a shopping spree-and hes paying!
  • Options
    that would be my sexy little shuttle pc with its gorgeous flat screen.

or else it would be the 3 eisley cds and stickers that the band's mum sent me, that was really cool
  • Options
    my engagement ring....
  • Options
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    my engagement ring....

pwetty:)
  • Options
    don't know how much it is in the uk but it cost nick $2,199.99
    very expensive!:D
  • Options
    don't know how much it is in the uk but it cost nick $2,199.99
    very expensive!:D

God... thats prob £1500-ish pounds.. estimate but wow :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    God... thats prob £1500-ish pounds.. estimate but wow :)

tell me about it,i would have never known how much it was but he sent me to make a payment on it and they told me,i was like :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: lol
  • Options
    tell me about it,i would have never known how much it was but he sent me to make a payment on it and they told me,i was like :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: lol

uhuh...well nice :)

ask him if he'll buy me one:)