Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Can I have an Hallelujia!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello good people of TheSite.Org! For many a post we have put up with the most innocent to the most downright atrocious spelling mistakes. But fear no longer! For on my quest of internet forums I have THIS!!!

As far as I have seen it checks every word before you submit your post! The only problem is whether the board allows it in it's programming.

Yes, I'm bored.

Comments

• Options
    And before any sarky bastard decides to point out: I do realise how ironic it is to be posting about a spellcheck while spelling the title of the thread wrongly :/
  • Options
    It doesn't seem to work, I tested it out with txtspk and it seemed to accept most of it, and then came up with absurb suggestions for anything else. Maybe the only way for people to learn is to read books? :lol: Imagine people in the UK actually going down to their libraries for a good hour every week, sitting down and reading a book! Last time I went to my local one it was empty!!!

Computers and television are destroying us :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    It doesn't seem to work, I tested it out with txtspk and it seemed to accept most of it, and then came up with absurb suggestions for anything else.

Well I put in some txtspk and it suggested weird things for them too but it didn't accept them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    It doesn't seem to work, I tested it out with txtspk and it seemed to accept most of it, and then came up with absurb suggestions for anything else. Maybe the only way for people to learn is to read books? :lol: Imagine people in the UK actually going down to their libraries for a good hour every week, sitting down and reading a book! Last time I went to my local one it was empty!!!

Computers and television are destroying us :(

I go the the libary every weekend, I always take out 3-4books and finish them within 1-3weeks tops, but your right, the main people I see in the libraries are on the computers or the older generation, the thing is you don't see the youth of today reading much, Even reading on the net, or something as small as subtitles on the telivision can help.