Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunbuuuuurn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just got back from a week in Italy [/brag] and luckily, considering my pale complexion, managed to escape with no more than slightly pink shoulders/face.

However, today I stupidly went out without any suncream on, and as a result have a nice bright pink patch across my chest. It's not sore, just not all that good a look.

I'm slapping on the aftersun as we speak, but what else can I do to reduce the redness? I'm going out tomorrow night and the almost white/bright pink is a bit too much of a contrast for my liking.

Thanking you.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go out and get some Aloe Vera gel fast. Or if you have an aloe vera plant, snap off a leaf and gently finger tap on your skin.

get vitamin A and vitamin E capsules and flaxseed oil capsules. Combine them all and gently pat them on it.

take some asprin, that will help take the swelling down a bit.

If you like taking baths, then wrap a cup of oatmeal in cheesecloth or the leg from a pair of panty hose and hang it from your faucet so that the bath water will run over it. Pretty soothing.

Hopefully you've learned form this to always wear sunscreen. Make sure it is ETLEAST 45 spf. If you get in the water with it on, reapply when you get out. Always apply extra sunscreen to your lips, ears and nose because those are the first to burn. The back of your hand is also prone to skin cancer so use alot of hand scream with sunscreen on it. The part on your hair is really sensitive to the sun as well. Putting sunscreen on there may be a bit too runny so get some lip balm with a high SPF. Oh, just an fyi, most sunscreens will last about 2 years so check for signs of chemical breakdown such as separation or discoloration and odor changes. (also, never put ice cubes on your face, even though it might feel good to have something cold on there, avoid it because you will end up with broken capillaries) :thumb: