Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bruises staying forever??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, this is gonna sound wierd, but ive had a bruise on my leg for about 6months now! i feel over whilst drunk about 6/7months ago+cut my leg, it bruised, but the bruise is still there!!
Its really noticable as its about the size of a 50p, and brown, and my legs are quite pale :( im making a doctors appointment on monday, but was just wondering if anyone has any views??
Thanx
SBG

Comments

• Options
    Could be that it's taking a VERY long time to come out hun, just see what the doctors says but I'm sure it'll be ok :)
  • Options
    To be honest, it just sounds like the bruise hasn't healed completely yet. If you fell over when you were drunk (and man do I know about that) you probably really bashed your bone and while 6 months is a long time, I think that's probably the most likely.

Long-term bruising that can cause problems is usually connected to blood vessels under the skin that have "walled off" an area of blood that needs to be drained, or the concentration of the body's calcium in the area that's bruised. From what you've said, eg. that it's a brownish bruise, it doesn't sound like either of those things. So seeing your doc is definitely the best idea, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and your GP will ease your mind in minutes :)

Probably not to effective now, as it's months later...but when you have a bruise, or know one's going to develop, it's a good idea to bathe it with witch hazel - a very good anti-inflammatory and healing agent. Inexpensive too :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    Probably not to effective now, as it's months later...but when you have a bruise, or know one's going to develop, it's a good idea to bathe it with witch hazel - a very good anti-inflammatory and healing agent. Inexpensive too :D

yeah, its always really cold, but makes the bruising come out quickly, good stuff :yes: thanx briggi, seeing the doctor on monday :thumb:
  • Options
    Eat Oranges, Satsumas etc. The white 'Pith' around the flesh helps clear up bruises in no time at all.
  • Options
    are you sure it hasn't always been there?

the other week i pointed what i thought was a bruise, and said it'd been there for ages.

and my mum said 'yeah, it's a birthmark. it's been there since you were born'.

and i felt very silly indeed.

otherwise, maybe it's scarring?
  • Options
    ^^I have a brown mark on my leg about the size of a 5p coin, I've always thought it was a mole, then Mum told me it's actually a birthmark!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    If I bruise (which i do quite easily) the bruises often last for ages. I've always been told that it's cos I don't have enough vitamins in my diet.

My skin heals very slowly. I've had a purple bruise like mark on my foot for about 3 months now, it was origionally (sp?) a small cut and it's just taking forever to heal.

I doubt that it's anything to worry about :)
  • Options
    its ok, i went the docs this morning+she said it will go gradually, its just bcos its on my shin, that the bruising has no-where to go as my bone is right beneath the skin!! It'll go in a month or so she reckons!!! Phew!! Thanx every1
    SBG