Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tounge web

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i REALLY want to get my tounge web pierced but i'm not sure how long it would take to heal and i can't get it done if it takes too long :( does anyone know about this kinda stuff?

Comments

• Options
    had my tongue done about a month ago i think, everything with it was perfect and back to normal within 5 days..

i had no real problems with too much swelling and hardly any difficulty eating, its not my first piercing but is definatly the most easy one to heal and have done! i really reccomend it! :thumb:
  • Options
    tongue web is a little more delicate than the tongue, but it has the same speedy healing time (initial healing - 2 weeks). as long as you're careful with it, it should be absolutely fine.
  • Options
    how long (if at all) will it affect my speach? i need to look for work in a week and i don't want ne one to be able to notice it by then..... oh man! i'm so excited about it!!!! like i said, i just need to know how long it will be noticable.....
  • Options
    i don't know, tbh, although i wouldn't have thought it would affect your speech as much as a regular tongue piercing, you'll probably just be talking really carefully for a while.

if you need an excuse while looking for work and still talking quite gimpily, the 'i had a filling this morning and my face is still half numb' one works wonders :p
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    wickedXmad, here is the BME site's info on it, but it isn't very detailed. Tribalectic have info on aftercare, there may be more stuff on the site as well.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    wickedXmad, here is the BME site's info on it, but it isn't very detailed. Tribalectic have info on aftercare, there may be more stuff on the site as well.....

yeah, thanx for that. i love BME but i looked on it a while ago and didn't find very much info on healing time etc. i just wanted to see if anyone on here had any first hand experience with it
  • Options
    ooo thats 1 of the piercings i want.i didnt know what it was called so iv always had2stick out my tongue+show people visually what i wanted-needless2say i looked a bit silly asking in piercing places in this fashion.everywhere iv asked doesnt seem to do it :(