Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Colour of urine??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, before you read this, im sorry if it seems gross, ok?

What is the normal colour, or colours, for your urine?? I thought it could range from clear to a deep yellow, but over the last week or so its been a greeny-yellow for me sometimes :eek2: !
It doesnt hurt me to pee or anything, but ive been going about 20times a day!! i thought at first i may have a water infection, but ive had one before and it hurt, and there's no pain with this :confused:
For the last few days ive been drinking 2 litres of water a day (i know you're supposed to do this every day anyway, but i never did - sorry) and its not happened since!!
Do you reckon its serious enough for me to go to the doctors, or should i just wait and see if it happens again??
Thankies :thumb:
SBG

Comments

• Options
    You could phone NHS direct, I have no idea.
  • Options
    you are right,it can range from clear to a deep yellow.normally when you first go in the mornings it will be yellow due to all the iron your body used over night and is getting rid of it,when it is clear it is just from your drink that you have been drinking.have you been drinking anything besides water?
  • Options
    The colour depends on your fluid intake. So the more fluid you drink the more pale your urine.

I had green pee a while back, I didn't have an infection so all I could put it down to was something I'd eaten or something I should have been eating but wasn't.
  • Options
    i had green urine about 20-30 min after i started drinking sour apple pucker and it was like that the next morning too
  • Options
    I could of swore I replied to this post.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be to scared because it could be to do with taking vitamin
    B - Complex or something that has Riboflavin in it. I take vitamin
    B - Complex and the urine turns into fluorescent yellow/green. I cannot remember the name of it but there are things in food that upon entering your body turns into vitamin A and comes out a greeny/yellow type of colour. It could also be to do with food colourings.

There is an infection you can get wich will also turn your urine this colour but I can't remember the same of that either. As other's have said, you best go see your GP, but I'm betting the colour change is to do with Riboflavin which won't harm you at all.
  • Options
    Generally speaking, the lighter your urine the better. Any sudden change in urine colour like this should be checked out purely because it may be linked to your health in some way, such as a urinary tract infection. Best to get it checked with your doctor, I say.
    :)
  • Options
    thanx for your replies everyone! it hasnt happened for the last 2 days, but i know i havent eaten anything different. i have been drinking lots of water though! making a doctors appointment on monday morning for 2 other reasons too, so il ask him then!! cheers people :thumb:
    SBG
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    thanx for your replies everyone! it hasnt happened for the last 2 days, but i know i havent eaten anything different. i have been drinking lots of water though! making a doctors appointment on monday morning for 2 other reasons too, so il ask him then!! cheers people :thumb:
    SBG

Every GP I know only allows one appointment, one issue,
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Every GP I know only allows one appointment, one issue,

how gay

so just say u went at 10am about your leg, and then at 10:30am for your throat? :confused: why not just bung them into one and save some time
  • Options
    We can go down to the docs from 8am to 10pm with out having to book anything. We can also see them a doc about more than one thing in one session. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    how gay

so just say u went at 10am about your leg, and then at 10:30am for your throat? :confused: why not just bung them into one and save some time

How gay? WTF??

You get allocated a ten minute appointment slot. You shouldn't save up injuries, and what I mean is, if you book an appointment for a medication review (a repeat of something) then it is likely to take a whole ten minutes for a good doctor to review you. If you then mention something else, and something else, then GP will run late.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    You shouldn't save up injuries, and what I mean is, if you book an appointment for a medication review (a repeat of something) then it is likely to take a whole ten minutes for a good doctor to review you. If you then mention something else, and something else, then GP will run late.

i aint saved up the injuries, but i just thought id save time! ive often done this, and they've never complained before! at our doctors they give you a 15min slot, so maybe thats why??