Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

IBS seems to be getting worse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i have IBS and just lately it seems to be getting worse. I get quite sharp pains in my adminion (sp) when I go to the toilet and I seem to be forever going to the loo (more often than what I normally do) and after going to the loo I always feel the need to go again and when I go I don't need to. Also I am forever feeling bloated and sluggish. This has never been so bad like this before. Any sugggestions?

Comments

• Options
    What's your diet like? I expect you already do all the recommended things like increase fibre intake, avoid rich and fatty foods...

I suggest you see whomever diagnosed you, and tell them that your symptoms are more acute. They'll be able to advise you as how it's best treated. What your GP's there for after all. Hope you get it sorted, it seems to affect quite a lot of people and be pretty horrendous :(
  • Options
    It's so hard to see a doctor though. :( coz the system isn't very good.
  • Options
    I get the same, i went to the doctor the other week. She's prescribed me some tablets to try and help. Go see your doctor, or try too :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~kaz~
    It's so hard to see a doctor though. :( coz the system isn't very good.

How isn't it?
  • Options
    Just is coz you can't prebook appointments and have to be glued to the phone at 8.30am.

I got tablets from the doctor they help a little bit.