Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

left side pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i woke up an hour ago at 6:30 and went to take a bath,when i got out my left side was hurting really bad,i am drinking cranberry juice if it is my kidney,but it is more towards the front that it is hurting,any ideas what it might be?

Comments

• Options
    Phone your doc or NHS direct. 0845 46 47
  • Options
    In your ribs?? Could be a traped nerve, in that case it's nothing to worry about.

Phoning the NHS Direct won't work as she's in TX Tweety.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    In your ribs?? Could be a traped nerve, in that case it's nothing to worry about.

Phoning the NHS Direct won't work as she's in TX Tweety.

Oh yes lol, perhaps a call to your doc then?
  • Options
    possibly wind. That can really hurt sometimes.
  • Options
    i drank the cranberry juice and it stopped hurting on my side,but just had to go to the bathroom real bad as i was at the eye docs and it was hurting on my left side but right by my pelvic bone.is gone now that i used the restroom,any chance it might have been a kidney stone passing,but there only being one?
  • Options
    You'll have pulled a muscle or something.

hypochondriac, adj.
  • Options
    maybe it could be your appendix.....:chin: but I'm not sure which side it's on
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell

Nope, I'm sure the appendix is on the right side.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You'll have pulled a muscle or something.

hypochondriac, adj.

what a nice contribution.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Nope, I'm sure the appendix is on the right side.

:blush: Thanks Captain!! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    what a nice contribution.

I was a bit unfair. Sorry.

But it's nothing to worry about, and it isn't normally good form to post in every forum going "please read my post". If you're worried go to your doctor, simple as.
  • Options
    Everyone gets a cramp now and again due to many things like the rest has already mentioned... trap wind, trapped nerve, pulled muscle, time of month, etc.

If it only struck a couple times probably nothing, though if it continues and you are genuinely concerned, go see a doc to put your mind at rest. Doubt it would be a kidney stone... think you'd still be suffering if that was the case.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell

right side,and appendix is gone,had it removed when i was quite young,can't remember what age though.well as i have said before i have a lot of problems goin on down there,mostly as to bad eating when i was younger,but i have never had pains that came and went so quickly. i posted in anything goes to ask for someone to reply because i had to leave in about 10 min for eye doc appointment.i didn't want to go the eye doc if anyone thought it might be something serious.i am still having them a little if i sit wrong,can't really put my left leg up tp curl in a ball and stuff,but other than that,they are gone.:p