Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dust Allergy?! Ug?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whenever I hoover my room...I get really really tired...I feel like my eyes get a bit watery and my sinus's area thingy....(technical term there) feels all pressurised. Someone said to me that I might be allergic to dust. In my room is a large rat cage with my 3 boys innit and a hamster cage. I use sawdust in their bedding. I didn't think about a dust allergy before now, anyone experienced a dust allergy thathas left them feeling tired and congested nasally! Or any other suggestions. I am a fairly tired sod anyway, but it's ridiculous to feel so...phluh after just hoovering my floor and cleaning out me animals!!

Thank you!! :D

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have an allergy to house dust mites! It may not necesarily be your pets - these mites can live in carpets, bedding and cuddly toys!! Try opening your window before you hoover to ventilate your room+possibly take antihistamines to combact the stuffy nose effect!
    Could you move the cages to another room, just to see if it is them??
    SBG