Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ear bleeding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i went out the other night wearing hoops in my ears (ive got my ear lobes pierced twice) and caught one in my hair! i pulled it, and it really hurt, but other than that was fine!
i woke up the next morning with blood on my ear lobe - so i washed my ear with warm water! Now it wont stop bleeding! I dont sleep in earings, but i dont know whether to keep a pair in my ears during the day to keep the hole open (the cut is over one of the holes) or to let it scab over+heal up! this would mean id have to re-pierce this hole, which i have to do sometimes if i dont wear earings for a few weeks as it heals over quickly!
Also, what should i use to clean it with! Ive been using warm salt water+applying antiseptic cream, but is this enough??
So....to wear earings, or not??
thanx
SBG
OWWWW :(

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't let it heal over, will just give you the added hassle of having to get it re-pierced. I think you could solve this by getting a pair of studs (preferably the pair you got them pierced with, or a small pair) - sterilising them with TCP or similar, or by sitting them in boiling water. Then put them in, and treat the one ear (it is only one ear right?) as if you've just had it pierced. You know they tell you to clean them three times a day, and rotate them twice as many. Well do that! Don't let the ear scab over, but if it does then just clean it again with the salt water and antiseptic (good choice for cleaning it, by the way!)and rotate it again. It will start to heal in a few days in the same way it did when you first got them pierced.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me, and it's easy solved :) Do keep your earrings in, and just take care next time you wear hoops or dangly earrings. Should heal up fine soon though, hope it's not too sore! :D
  • Options
    Get a gold pair of studs (the ones you got your ears done with pref) and keep them in. Keep cleaning it and you should be ok :)
  • Options
    ok, thanx for your advice! ive just put the earings i had my ears pierced with in, forgetting they are wider than normal ones - so now my ear's throbbing :(
    i keep turning them about every 30mins, and if my ear bleeds again il take them out, sterilise it, and put them in again!! It was horrid trying to sleep last night, couldnt lie on my right side, which is how i normally always sleep!
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    ok, thanx for your advice! ive just put the earings i had my ears pierced with in, forgetting they are wider than normal ones - so now my ear's throbbing :(
    i keep turning them about every 30mins, and if my ear bleeds again il take them out, sterilise it, and put them in again!! It was horrid trying to sleep last night, couldnt lie on my right side, which is how i normally always sleep!

Aww :( I admit I hadn't thought of the fact that the stems on original studs are thicker, but I think that's a good thing really...it just means you should have less bother in the long run. If you just persevere it'll be alright, and will heal faster than it would if you had let it heal and had to go right back to square one getting them re-pierced.

Sounds horrid though, you really do have to suffer to be beautiful eh :D:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    Aww :( I admit I hadn't thought of the fact that the stems on original studs are thicker, but I think that's a good thing really...it just means you should have less bother in the long run. If you just persevere it'll be alright, and will heal faster than it would if you had let it heal and had to go right back to square one getting them re-pierced.

Sounds horrid though, you really do have to suffer to be beautiful eh :D:p

:yes: agreed!! Beauty is painful!! It aint too bad now, its just im not used to wearing these kinda earings+especially not all night!!