Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ya know what?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm hopeless! :( Abso-bloody-lutely awful at chatting people up and flirting as I'm usually too shy in that situation... yet I have a huge circle of friends and am always invited places...

But sometimes I feel like a right moink... I mean I make people laugh and all that and apparently people love that in a girl... But then nobody ever seems to want me in that way. I'm laid back and a trustworthy person which you'd think people want... but it seems all anybody seems to like these days is a bit of easy meat.... Maybe I'm unattractive in that way? (I get 'cute' a lot... but that's not a good thing)

So c'mon people.... tips on flirting and getting somewhere for the shy lady in the corner. More cleavage shown off? Should I be more effeminate or try & be sophisticated? Because people don't wanna know the real me... :o

Please give me hand people... I don't wanna be a loser....

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Ya know what?

my only advice is to not try too hard. if you are obviously trying to flirt with a girl then i find it a huge turn off. just be natural around her, not too serious, have a joke and then hopefully things will go from there.

if you try to hard it only gives the impression of being desperate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    More cleavage shown off?

:no: this aint the answer!! i know it'll sound cheesy, but the right guy is out there for you, and he'll like you for who you are, not how much of ur tits he can see!
    just be yourself, it will work, even if it doesnt seem to be at the moment!
  • Options
    Cute is definitely a good thing. It is in my book anyway.

Stop trying so hard. That's the only advice there is.
  • Options
    In my opinion if you show off more clevage you'll end up with a guy who wants to shag you and not a lot more. I wouldn't try and be someone you're not because if someone does fall for you then it won't be the real you and there is only so long you can keep up the pretense. Relax, be yourself, and good luck with the search :)
  • Options

Because people don't wanna know the real me... :o

So you will change to how people want you to be, get into a relationship and then get back to the real you ?
    Be yourself thats the best thing you can do, dont try to change yourself because to me people dont wanna know someone else, they wanna know the real you.

As for the cleavage, if you were really comfortable doing that then you would be able to do it no problem. Chances are you will go out show more cleavage then be self concious cos you are doing that...........maybe ?
  • Options
    A friend told me that it's because I'm "safe" maybe... and people see me more of a big sister than a potential girlfriend.
    if you try to hard it only gives the impression of being desperate.

It's not that I appear desperate, it's that I can't show people I like them, I don't know how! So they just think I'm friendly.
  • Options
    I but it seems all anybody seems to like these days is a bit of easy meat.... Maybe I'm unattractive in that way? (I get 'cute' a lot... but that's not a good thing)

most guys want a cute girl ;) well i do defenetly :D

hmmm i cant make myself flirt with someone, i can only flirt with people if i do it naturally and feel comfortable doing it, so dont worry cause most people are shy about it, i am normally very few people ive flirted with i haventbeen shy with

its all about rising above it and just managing to be yourself, having a little drink seems to help a lot :p

if u want u can practice on me :shocking: lol