Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Police caution

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was recently cautioned by the police for posession of cannabis. I was really shocked at how unprofessional they were, they didn't even tell me their names or which police station they were from which they are suppost to do before interviewing me. At the end of the interview they began to ask me questions saying it was for "intelligence" and basically wouldn't leave me alone until I had given them some details of where I had got the cannabis from. Once they had let me go they drove to the other end of the car park, did a handbreak turn and left! As this was my first experience of "the law" I don't know if they are allowed to do or act like they did, and was just wondering if it is worth me making a complaint about them or will this cause more trouble for me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    First thing is that I'd hope that you wouldn't get any more hassle for going down to the station and saying that you'vehad this experience.

You need to bare in mind that you have broken the law, and there's no particular reason that the police should be nice to you for doing so. Minor offence or not. Sorry to be harsh, but it's true
  • Options
    let it go and be happy that a couple of other guys are now getting high on your weed ...without any accusation of you having supplied them.
  • Options
    Targetting students and easy-going people who smoke a joint is obviously much easier than facing up muggers or crack dealers.

Fucking waste of time doing things like that is! :rolleyes: :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Just don't get caught! If you want to smoke weed it's up to you, but if you get arrested what can you say?

Aye, can't agree more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Just don't get caught! If you want to smoke weed it's up to you, but if you get arrested what can you say?
    You could say that:

1. Drug consumption is a victimless so-called crime. Cannabis consumption in particular is about as relevant as having a pint of beer and coppers should be doing better things with their time than arresting people for having a smoke- targeting crack dealers or yobs for instance. Oh but hold on! People who smoke a joint are the softest of targets... why get involved in potentially messy situations by targeting criminals eh?

2. You could also explain to them that even if they intend to have a zero tolerance towards drugs, they should start targeting those using the single most destructive and socially dangerous substance known to man: alcohol. You tell them that a breakdown of incidents, crimes, assaults etc fuelled by drugs on a typical weekend would be like this: Alcohol: 10,000s, crack & heroin and others: 1,000s, cannabis: 0.

3. You could even engage them further and explain the benefits of decriminalisation of drugs, especially cannabis, the annual death rate caused by pot consumption vs. alcohol consumption (none vs. 100,000+), how those nations with a more liberal attitude towards cannabis consumption have seen many benefits, and so on...

4. Failing that, just tell them to fuck off and do something worthy with their time.
  • Options
    Funny as it may sound please don't start telling police who have just taken your weed and let you off with a caution to fuck off :)
  • Options
    Fair enough. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    You could say that:

1. Drug consumption is a victimless so-called crime.

victimless crime... IMO even with cannabis it could be argued that there are indeed victims.

Originally posted by
    Jim V

Funny as it may sound please don't start telling police who have just taken your weed and let you off with a caution to fuck off

lol; quite
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    weed is illegal and is bad. if you are caught with it, the coppers won't to know where it has come from etc. and as it's illegal and will be for ever hopefully, you will be punished for using it.
    ahhh lukesh my boy ...i'm sitting here wringing my hands ...imagining your neck inbetween! ...at least try and get some facts ...pleeease.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    facts about what? Weed is illegal isn't it?
    i'm not going to get into this one luke ...begins to sound like a needle stuck in a groove ...
  • Options
    Aye... ya break the law, face the consequences. In my experience the police (at least in my area) aren't very professional, polite (apart from a few who're sound) or caring towards anybody who doesn't have rich parents or a good job. Which is why I stay away from them...