Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lilets heat pads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, had anybody ever used these? they're like a large plaster you stick onto your stomach and it naturally heats upto about 40 degrees C
My sis gets bad stomach cramp, but doesnt wana go on the pill. The doctors have prescribed pain killers, but they aren't working!
The reason im asking, is bcos they're about £4 for 2, and she has stomach ache from a week b4 hand, all while she's on, and sometimes even a few days after :eek: so, it'd quite expensive!
Let us know what you think/though if u use them pls
thanx
SBG
:D

Comments

• Options
    I use them quite a lot. I'm not really sure if they actually reduce the stomach ache, but I like them because they warm you up. People say use a hot water bottle to help reduce the stomach ache, so it's just a convenient adaptation to that. I'd recommend that your sister buys a pack and sees if it helps. It would be really expensive if she uses them every day, but if she just uses them when its a really bad stomach ache then it'll be cheaper.

I also used to get really bad stomach aches, but they stopped once I went on the pill, is there really no way she'd give the pill ago?
  • Options
    One of my mum's mates made me some oil to rub on my tummy, coz I get horrendously painful periods... I haven't used it yet, but you could try it...

it's from Isis Oils and it's called 'Clary Massage' and it's 10ml's in Sweet Almond...

Dunno if that helps :confused:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Before I went on the pill to control my monthlies, I got hideous period pains. I never used heat pads. I took some pills called "Feminax". I don't know if that's what the doctor prescribed but they were quite effective for me. I also made up hot water bottles which are not unlike heat pads are they? That always seemed about enough. The problem I had was my heavy bleeding. It stopped me enjoying life.
  • Options
    i think theyd be handy for when out and about and you dont want to take a HWB with you, but would be ridiculously expensive to use all the time.
  • Options
    http://www.firebox.com/?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=288

These are just as good, and are re-usable. They can also be used to warm hands. I suppose you could keep it on your belly under your clothes with sticky tape or just keep it on your lap.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    i think theyd be handy for when out and about and you dont want to take a HWB with you, but would be ridiculously expensive to use all the time.

Yeah, i think that's the idea!! She's gonna try them next month, they'll be handy for when she's going out+cant just stay in bed all day