Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bad to be a virgin????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it bad to be a 20yro virgin????????????

i could of lost it ages ago, i duno why i havent something has always held me back before and now i really want to i feel really uncomfortable, almost freakish to still be a virgin.

any views???????/

Comments

• Options
    Personally i dont think its bad for a 20 yr old to be a virgin... i've got a few friends who regret losing it at a young age in a field or what have you.
    If you felt something holding you back before...obviously you werent ready.... now you feel that you are ready... fair enough.... just need to find that person you'd like to have it with...
    Nothing to be freakish about. At least when you do.. do it... you'll be ready and won't regret it.
    Hope that helps :cool:
  • Options
    Yes it's terrible. It will stop you from having healthy relationships down the road as well as getting that promotion. ;(

YOU'RE DOOMED :crying:

Of course it's not terrible. Very few people are left "mature" virgins because of the hype young folk are given to lose their virginity. If anything, I think it's quite impressive.

I suppose there are times where I'd still have liked to have waited - however things the way they are I'm glad it's over. Sex is overrated and the first won't always be the best. You'll always have better sex to look forward to provided you find a decent person to share that intimacy.

Don't beat yourself up for a choice quite strong to you - that's more degrading than losing it just for the sake of losing it when you want to keep a bit of integrity to yourself - so to speak. :p

Good luck! xx
  • Options
    It's not bad at all, but you have to be okay with it.
  • Options
    to be very honest, i think to be a 20 year old virgin is something which shows that you don't do things just to follow the crowd. SO many people i know lost their virginity just because 'everyone' was doing it. you have to do what makes you happy. :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: bad to be a virgin????
    Originally posted by angelblue

i could of lost it ages ago, i duno why i havent something has always held me back before and now i really want to i feel really uncomfortable, almost freakish to still be a virgin.

any views???????/

to be honest most of my male friends are 21/22 year old virgins. i dont find them weird or sad or insanely introverted or anything really.
  • Options
    any views???????/

You could always auction it off on ebay like that student did, she got £8,400 for hers and was able to give up her part time job and pay all her fees :)

I won't be surprised though if the tax man don't come looking for his cut.
  • Options
    I dont think there is anything wrong with being a 20 year old virgin. As long as you are happy with it, then go with it. Do what makes you happy when you want, not when there is pressure from others to do something
  • Options
    Re: Re: bad to be a virgin????
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    You could always auction it off on ebay like that student did, she got £8,400 for hers and was able to give up her part time job and pay all her fees :)

I won't be surprised though if the tax man don't come looking for his cut.

:lol: If only I were a virgin :(:p

I actually heard of this lady getting a surgery to "get back" her virginity.....how odd is that... :chin:

it's actually a pretty expensive procedure.

Even though she could have probably just stop having sex for months or a year and it'd save her the money :p
  • Options
    how exatly do you get back your virginity? do they erease your mind... i knew it. And no, its not bad at all. Very respectable and cool really :)
  • Options
    it isnt freakish to be a 20yr old virgin, it just isnt that common!! You've got respect for yourself+you'll lose it with the right person at the right time - it'll be good, so dont rush it :thumb:
  • Options
    In a sex-obsesed media world then yes, you are made to feel a freak for not sleeping around like some sort of man whore.

Tell the truth, you're not missing out on much. Sex is fantastic, but it's not the be-all and end-all of life. Not in one so young anyway.

Stop fretting, and the time will come. You could go and pull a ugly bird tonight, and she'd be grateful, but that's just a bit, well, pathetic really.
  • Options

any views???????/
    Need a helping hand luv? :lol:

Its no problem, you have the rest of your life to find someone you love.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    how exatly do you get back your virginity? do they erease your mind... i knew it. And no, its not bad at all. Very respectable and cool really :)

i think they sew the hymen up again or something like that...and ta-da, you're a born again virgin!
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I'm 18 and still a virgin... I'm in no hurry to shag anyone either...

I'll be a virgin until I'm in a long term relationship - it just so happens that I haven't found one yet!

Be proud that you're not some kind of put around and lost it as a 'child'. Be proud that you know what you want, and you're not afraid to wait ;):D

Ilora x
  • Options
    it isn't bad,it is good that you still are and you won't regret it when do sleep with someone you love,and not just some floozy
  • Options
    yeh thats all good, what aobut the experience aspect though, you know women want an experience lover by the time they reach a certain age, well when they aint putting it around like kids who have sex do
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    yeh thats all good, what aobut the experience aspect though, you know women want an experience lover by the time they reach a certain age, well when they aint putting it around like kids who have sex do
    That made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever :confused::lol:

Ilora x
  • Options

what, and men don't want an experienced lover?

you'll experience these things in time, there's no hurry!
  • Options
    Exactly. You don't only gain experience from shagging a whole loada people. You can gain experience too from trying different things with the same partner.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: bad to be a virgin????
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    :lol: If only I were a virgin :(:p

I actually heard of this lady getting a surgery to "get back" her virginity.....how odd is that... :chin:

it's actually a pretty expensive procedure.

Yup, when all you need is some bubble wrap and a broomhandle.

I think anybody who judges another on lack of sexual experience ain't worth getting with.

I think it's cute if somebody's a virgin. And all the more fun to show them the ropes & help them explore their bodies.
  • Options
    i remember this girl told me that she was a born again virgin because she hadnt shagged in a year........to which i replied :eek2: if thats true (which i know its not btw if anyone here thinks im mental) most people on these boards would be, born again virgins
  • Options
    A person who goes through the 'sexual journey' with one partner won't know any better and will gain experience through time so the sex will get better and better.

Compare that to a person who has shagged loads and loads of people..... some good, some crap, some magnificent (who are most likely to be one night stands that they never see again). This persons sex isn't getting better and better...... its going all over the place.

^ Dunno if that made sense but my point to angelblue is be proud that you're a virgin!!!
  • Options
    I'm a 19 yr old bloke and still a virgin... like you I've wanted to wait until the right time with the right person, and despite having opportunities have turned them down. I thought this was the way to go, but now i'm starting to get more and more girls criticising me for it whereas I thought they i'm doing the right thing (and its what I'm comfortable with when it comes to my consicence; sex should be something to cement a relationship between two people not a plaything)

Am I right here or am I still totally old-fashioned?
  • Options
    It makes perfect sense crescendo. It's a proven fact that you can only have excellent asex with your partner when you have learned exactly what he/she likes.

And that takes time and stability.
  • Options
    Well... you only live once

I don't really understand why it's shameful being or not being a virgin.

I'm 17 and I'm still one of the unlucky few, but in the long run whatever happens, happens.
  • Options
    Originally posted by junker
    I'm 17 and I'm still one of the unlucky few, but in the long run whatever happens, happens.
    How does being a virgin make you unlucky? My god what the hell has happened to society!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    I'm a 19 yr old bloke and still a virgin... like you I've wanted to wait until the right time with the right person, and despite having opportunities have turned them down. I thought this was the way to go, but now i'm starting to get more and more girls criticising me for it whereas I thought they i'm doing the right thing (and its what I'm comfortable with when it comes to my consicence; sex should be something to cement a relationship between two people not a plaything)

Am I right here or am I still totally old-fashioned?

You're not old fashioned at all. You'd regret it if you lost it to someone who didn't mean anything to you or wasn't the right person.
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo
    How does being a virgin make you unlucky? My god what the hell has happened to society!!!

Well I really couldn't think of any other word to describe it. Being denied pleasure on that magnitude when the majority of people I know have it at their disposal, well I guess it makes me feel a bit unwanted, unseen, and useless. Some people get what the want, some people don't. The ones that don't aren't very lucky.
  • Options
    If you want it that much, and you feel that way then why don't you just go 'get it'? You're making it seem like it's only a selection of people that can have sex...?