Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ex Help Req Urgently

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im in idiot for even asking this. me and my ex were 2geva for 6months then on/off for a year or so. he broke my heart and i've never trusted anyone since. problem is this....when i see him (we txt every now and then and meet up) i love being with him and hate to go home. i saw him yesterday and now i cant get him out of my head. hes the only person ive ever loved and i still have strong feelings for him.
incase your wondering how he broke my heart he dumped me in worst poss way (ignored me till i got the msg) and then got his ex gf pregnant. hes apparently still with her, though he denies it, but i know hes still messing about behind her back (im friends with his mates too).
saying it makes it look an obvious fuck him off answer but its so hard. he did love me and i dont doubt he still cares, hes there for me whenever i need him.
as sad as it seems id do anything just to be with him again.
how can get over him and move on?
im fine with other guys until i spk to my ex or something fucks up my relationship at the time, its like i fall back on him or use him when bored.
im so confused. really need advice

Comments

• Options
    You really need to stop seeing him, no matter how hard that might be. For starters you don't know for certain what relationships he is in and it does sound like you just use him to fall back on a little bit.

Perhaps the feelings that you have for him aren't helped by the fact that he's always there for you? Perhaps you are willing to overlook the bad things about him when you need a friend to talk to.

Personally I would advise that you don't see him as much, if at all. It was Kaffrin (from these boards) who said to me when my ex finished with me, that its like a wound. You don't see your ex for a while and the wound begins to heal, but when you see them again the scab is ripped off and the bleeding starts afresh. From then on everytime you see them its like ripping open the wound...
  • Options
    Best idea to get over him is to cut yourself off from him.... from what you said your fine till you speak to him.....
    I know cutting yourself off from him is hard but its the only way you will be able to get over him and move on.... if you keep on relying on him or as you said... use him when your bored your never learn how to survive without him.
    Sorry i just read what i said and doesnt help much... sorry :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i know your right but its like i cant let him go. hes always asking me to get back with him but i keep saying no coz i couldnt trust him. i have a lot of problems at home at the mo and hes been thru it all himself. i really wana text him but im trying to stop myself.
    and what kaffrin said is really true. i dont think it helped that yesterday we was with old friends for a bit we havent seen for a while and there was a lot of talk bout the past and things we all did when me and him were 2geva
  • Options
    crazy guy, your advice was fine. it makes sense.

i just don't know what to do anymore. all i want is a hug off him coz it makes me feel so much better.

i cant talk to my friends about it coz they don't like him
  • Options
    I agree with crazy_guy, best thing to do is to not talk to him at all and cut ALL contact with him.
  • Options
    Dont worry i actually feel the same way as you..... split from girlfriend and even now after a month i just want to see her so bad.... but even when i phone her it just confuses me and makes me feel that i need her.
    But in the future your thank yourself from not meeting up with him... you'll have to be strong... you must of suvived without him before.... you can do it again..

Cant believe i am making any sense but if i am.. good luck :)
  • Options
    :chin: hmm so let me see. He ignores you until you realise it's over, then gets his ex pregnant and then decides that he wants you to get back with him while he's busy doing whatever he wants :crazyeyes And you would want this man back why? Sounds like a selfish bastard who doesn't want you to live your life and wants you to spend it doting on him.

Pah get rid my dear and wipe him out of your life because he really doesn't sound worth crying over. What he did to you was very wrong and very childish. He should have been a man and told you properly it was over.

just re-read that, i sound like bloody ricky lake or something :rolleyes: