Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sods!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you talk to people...who won't listen?!!! My friends invited me to go bowling. A different friend who now goes to a different college and has made other friends, but who was part of my group of friends, has invited me to the beach. i said no to bowling, because I have no money and want to save. Some of my friendship group said I should come and scab off everyone else to make up the money I need. One friend in particular (if any of you have read my other post, my friend- wierd ex/friend who is getting obbsessive even 3 years after our split) continued to text me up until 11.30 last night, begging me to go and saying he'd willingly pay for me to go. I've said no, he said he expected me to be there...I didn't go but I had my reasons not to. My beach friend, who I also said no to also, said she'd pay for anything I wanted, and that I could pay her back by buying her something when we go on holiday together. She kept on at me because she's leading some 20 year old on and wanted me to keep her company whilst he takes her to the beach with his friends. I say no, she asks why. I give her a reason, she overlooks it. If I maintain my no, she says that I see my other friends all the time and that's it unfair of me to say no.

I hate borrowing money from people- if I don't borrow it then I don't owe it and there's things to do that don't cost money. I don't want people doing me favors. I'm a nice person, I don't like to let people down or annoy anyone, but how do you speak to people who just won't listen? If I try to nicely say no, with perfectly reasonable excuses, people keep on at me. I don't like missing out of group activities cause it's nice to all be together, but sometimes, I want to be able to stay home (incredibly tired at tho mo- everything I do knackers me out and I don't wanna get ill before this holiday) and not having to answer to everyone when I don't wanna do something. How do you tell people, without offending anyone, that you just don't want to do something. I know this seems like a random rant- it's just we have 7 weeks holiday off, this is the first day of it...and one bloke is sending me 10 texts saying *get your sexy ass down bowling-I'll pay for you, its' ok you don't have to pay me back* and the girls phoning me over and over and over and over...

Sorry!!! Randomness...:(

Comments

• Options
    I agree with you......if you dont wanna do summat, why do people keep on? I know they're your mates and they enjoy your company, but you end up snapping at them when they keep on.

And borrowing money......dont get me started......I HATE borrowing off people coz its annoying when you get your wages and you realise you have no money! If you haven't got it dont spend it.
  • Options
    Yep, I hate borrowing money too! Can totally understand where you're coming from! :yes:
  • Options
    maybe if you explained to them both how much you hate borrowing money, but suggest a fre alternative - a night in with some vids+popcorn, or going to for a drive (if you can that is) in the country!! this may make them realise you aren't avoiding them, you just are skint!
    i agree with u about lending money tho :yes:, i hate being in debt, bcos i always feel like i can spend my wages how i want until ive paid off others :mad: ggrrr