Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Have you ever cheated?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
probably been asked a million times before, but how many people have actually cheated on their partners?

Comments

• Options
    Not as such...a couple years ago I was with a meany bloke, when on hols and got close to someone else. I was 14 and getting close was holding his hand...so not really cheated on anyone. I couldn't I don't think. If I felt the urge then I'd step back and think to myself what's going wrong in the current relationship that would make me want someone else. My ex's then grilfriend cheated on him recently...it hurt him so bad, I don't think I could do that to anyone just from seeing how it effected him. :)
  • Options
    Yep. Im a Dog.
  • Options
    Once :( I cheated on my gf and slept with someone else.. but it did bring us closer together in the end
  • Options
    Yes i have done!! was with an ex of mine+the biggest mistake i ever made was telling him it happened and not chosing the other guy - he was a major prick :mad:
    Wouldnt cheat on my b.f now tho, :heart: him too much :love:
  • Options
    Nope. Think it's one of the cruelest things you can do to someone's self esteem :(
  • Options
    nope never! dont think i ever will! i think its so tight and plus id have to tell them id cheated because i couldnt live with the guilt!

Ive got together with someone whilst he was seeing someone else though as in been the person hes cheating with not on!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~

I've gone with somebody elses boyfriend though.

Yep me too, not something I was ever too proud of. Me head was messed up at that time.

I have cheated, but come on I was 15. I was only in a semi-serious relationship which meant I was seein him for more than a month at that age and I met another guy who was cute, I was drunk so I snogged him. That's it though! I did tell him in the end and he forgive me. Bless his little heart... hehe
  • Options
    depends how you define cheating.

in my youth, i kissed a couple of guys when i was seeing some guy, but i've never cheated on a proper boyfriend, and i've never slept with someone else while i was with someone.

what's the point of being in a relationship if you're gonna cheat? surely being single would suit you better? don't understand it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    depends how you define cheating.

in my youth, i kissed a couple of guys when i was seeing some guy, but i've never cheated on a proper boyfriend, and i've never slept with someone else while i was with someone.

what's the point of being in a relationship if you're gonna cheat? surely being single would suit you better? don't understand it.

i agree, i dont understand 'open relationships' as well.
    i have never and will never cheat on anyone. i've been the guy someone cheated with, but it was only a kiss. to me, kissing is still cheating, because it is an intimate act between two people.
  • Options
    yes i have cheated. a few months back me and my boyfriend had a massive row one night and i decided to go out with my mates , got stupidly drunk because i was so angry and pissed off, and kissed my friend. felt shitty about it afterwards, told my boyfriend the next day, obviously he was less than pleased but im glad to say we've worked things out and are still together- even though i know i have to earn his full trust back.
  • Options
    I've never cheated. I know from experience how much it hurts to be the one being cheated on, and I could never do that to someone I cared about.

One of my mates has never ever not cheated though...at the height of it she was living with her boyfriend at uni whilst having a fiance at home.:eek2:
  • Options
    yes lots. but i've grown up quite a lot since then so i wouldn't do it now.
  • Options
    I kissed another boy at the beginning of my current relationship but I wasn't really with him at the time, we were just "seeing" eachother. Since he has called me his girlfriend and we are in a proper relationship I would not go near another man.
  • Options
    I don't know.

When I started seeing my current fella, I was having a bit of a casual "thing" with a friend...and they kind of overlapped. It's caused a few bust-ups between them (they're friends by association really) and between me and my boyfriend, but I don't think I did anything wrong. Like the previous poster, I would never do anything now that we're in a relationship. At the time, bad as it sounds, I was just fooling around with both of them...either of them could have become my "boyfriend", so whilst that might say something about my morals, I don't think I'd classify it as cheating per se.

In the past I've been seeing a boy and kissed someone else...but more often than not they'd done the same. In the world of 15/16 year olds I don't think it amounts to much, well it didn't to us anyway...it was all just messing about. I've grown up now. Well, am in the process of :rolleyes: :lol:
  • Options
    Well, I kissed another lad when I was 17 - however that's a daft age and the relationship I was in didn't matter much.

But noooo, I couldn't! Not now, I'm far too happy! Doesn't stop me looking at other lads though - the world seems to have populated with fit lads since I've been with my man.

ALWAYS happens. Bloody sod's law. >:|
  • Options
    Yes, I once kissed my ex's best mate.

Cut my balls off at once.
  • Options
    yes its a very bad thing avout me-i don't like it and I wish I didnt but i have. I admit its a very poor quality and i have identified why i have done so-so that if it could ever arise again-i will know so I can stop myself. Hopefully
  • Options
    The appeal is that you get all the security of the relationship but all the xcitement of frantic sex is a variety of interesting positions.

And no, I wouldn't do it. It'd be the last thing I'd do;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Once :( I cheated on my gf and slept with someone else.. but it did bring us closer together in the end

Was that the gf of 6 weeks or the one of 2 months?
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    No offence but easy said than done that you would 'NEVER' cheat. I mean unless you have been put in the situation were you were close to kissing/sleeping with someone else whilst you were in a relationship, can't really assume you'd 'NEVER' do that. Sure, you'd like to think you'd be faithful but saying you would defintely not cheat... a little far fetched if you'd ask me. No one plans to cheat... sometimes it just happens.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I've cheated a few times on different people.

I mean cheating as in kissing someone else while I was seeing someone.

I don't think that I'd ever do it again though
  • Options
    i have cheated rather badly in past relationships....rather badly indeed. In fact, until my current girlfriend i had slept with at least one other person whilst in a relationship....and i can say in all honesty that i havent and wont sleep with another person whilst im with my current girlfriend. Doesnt mean i dont want to sometimes, doesnt mean i wont want to in the future, i think anyone who says other wise is a liar because you cant turn off being attracted to/wanting people regardless of a relationship...

so yes, ive cheated, but no, i will never do it again. Ive seen and felt the pain so....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    No one plans to cheat... sometimes it just happens.

I don't agree at all. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. And it doesn't just happen. Nobody ever just suddenly found themselves snogging someone else whilst, strangely, mere moments before they were mulling over what to have for dinner, for example. No. What usually happens is that people play flirty little games and at multiple points decide to carry on with what they're doing and to hell with the consequences, even if it does go further than they know it should. People cross the line. That's what happens. Saying it just happens is an excuse people make to justify their own behaviour to themselves and make it seem less wrong.

ETA: Never have and never will. And yes, I DO know this for a fact.
  • Options
    I never said it was right to cheat... I explained how it's common to cheat not necessarily to hurt anyone on purpose but coz they couldnt help but have feelings for another person. I'm not talking about one night flings, etc.

You can't say for certain, that you'll defintely not cheat as you don't know what situation you may be put in say next week, next year or even in 5 years time.
    As I said before yes you'd like to think you won't cheat but you don't know what your future may hold.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    I never said it was right to cheat... I explained how it's common to cheat not necessarily to hurt anyone on purpose but coz they couldnt help but have feelings for another person. I'm not talking about one night flings, etc.

You can't say for certain, that you'll defintely not cheat as you don't know what situation you may be put in say next week, next year or even in 5 years time.
    As I said before yes you'd like to think you won't cheat but you don't know what your future may hold.

I do agree, although I don't think anyone who hasn't cheated before is going to be willing to face the idea that they may face the dilemma in the future. Basically because they haven't crossed that bridge yet...they can't empathise til they have, and of course they may never.

Miffy, I think it's said best as - To err is Human, To forgive is Divine. People make mistakes, and I'm sure no one here is boasting about the fact that they've cheated in the past. And I think there are sometimes situations that escalate, ending up with people doing things they never set out to do, and hurting people they'd do anything to protect. It happens, such is life...people grow up, perhaps feel the fall out from cheating themselves, and change their ways.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I don't agree at all. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. And it doesn't just happen. Nobody ever just suddenly found themselves snogging someone else whilst, strangely, mere moments before they were mulling over what to have for dinner, for example. No. What usually happens is that people play flirty little games and at multiple points decide to carry on with what they're doing and to hell with the consequences, even if it does go further than they know it should. People cross the line. That's what happens. Saying it just happens is an excuse people make to justify their own behaviour to themselves and make it seem less wrong.

ETA: Never have and never will. And yes, I DO know this for a fact.

I'm totally with Miffy on this one... I really don't buy the excuse that it 'just happens' at all... there is never a point where you no longer own your own mind unless there are serious problems elsewhere. And i can seriously say that I will never ever cheat on someone, as like I mentioned before, I believe that it is one of the most damaging things you can do to someone's self esteem (as so many posts on here have verified), and i would never allow myself to get into the kind of situation where I would be tempted to cheat on someone.
  • Options
    So there has never been a point in your life were you couldn't help but fall for someone, that was just something that you planned?!

Look, I'm not making excuses for people who do cheat... I'm trying to be a bit more open minded in understanding sometimes people can't help, but find themselves in a situation were they fall for someone else, need it be just lust/ love, whatever, whilst they are suppose to be in a relationship. It's not like when people in a relationship, plan to cheat or are even want to be unfaithful... so yes, sometimes it just happens.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    not cheated, never will.