Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

omg not again please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yep its happening again im feeling absolutely shit. Ohhhhh i hate it when this happens.

Its amazing how one evening can make you feel so bad:

Iv nearly lost my best friend and were having arguments...
I get annoyed at my other best friend for no reason...
My ex has 2 guys after her...
2 of my good friends hate me for something i aint done...
2 of my other good mates are at eachothers throats...
Im feeling so single its unbelievable...
I havent met a new person in over 2 months and it seems like life is going nowhere...
I turn to drink a lot when i dont want to...

oh god i feel shit, sooooo shit.

I dont know what i want out this post, i needed to let it out i guess. Sorry for all the depressingness.

Comments

• Options
    Not really much that can be added in terms of advice from me, I'm afraid.

If you are having difficulties in your personal life contacting a counsellor through schoool, college or work might be a good idea. If this route isn't open to you contacting a doctor would be an excellent idea, if it is something that you haven't already done/are doing.

It'll get better mate. Trust me, it will. Give it time and try to keep yourself busy.
  • Options
    I've hit mega lows too- seems to all fluff at the same time doesn't it? Do things to brighten your mood - drink will drag you down further. I find mango sorbet is my cure! Do things for yourself, don't spend too much time doing nothing- go out for a run or a walk or something. Find someone to talk to as Kermit suggested. You always have us on here. I may not know you but I can listen and share any wisdom I feel is relevant. You're not a lone and it will get better sweetheart xxx
  • Options
    Worst thing you can do... is analyze everything in your mind over and over again.... coz you're just going to let yourself sink deeper.

So you're having a few problems with your friends which can be drag... hey we can't all be buzzin like the brady bunch. You're friends wont always behave like that. I'm sure they're soon snap out of it and so will you.

No one likes being single for too long - It's nice to be in a relationship were you feel wanted, etc. But you gotta learn to cope with your own company before you can begin to settle with someone. Stop being soo hard on yourself. Chin up hun... it'll soon pass so long as you keep your head above the water. *HUGZ*

You not got a book you can read to help take your mind of it? Watch bit of telly... consider maybe talkin more to consellor which kermit already suggested and get a bit of fresh air to help clear ur head a bit.
  • Options
    This may not be what you want to hear, but turning to drink doesn't help anything, if anything it makes everything seem a lot worse than it actually is...
  • Options
    Don't apologise for the post its what this place is for!

*hugs* like cruel2be kind says-read a book-i can recommend a good one to help you thru tough times called "help yourself" by dave pelzer...seriously helped me-tho maybe I used it as an excuse to get happy again-it was just the motivator and promoter of self belief I needed! And there will be a time when you are the one with two girls after you-there will be these awful times like now but the love droughts last awhile before you get some! So try help mediate between your mates and forget about the ex by concentrating on them. Just try to find out the facts first

The friends who hate you-if they really cant belive you havent done whatever it is-then they obviously dfobt know you at all and if they can't believe you-well isnt trust an important part of friendship. If they cant trust you maybe they aren't worth havin them as close friends at all.

The best mate arguments and niggles-best mates can be like family-you know how much it irratates you when your big sis always gets to ride upfront or when your mom will tell you to come home at 9pm on a fri night...or your dad stinkin the loo out just before you have a bath AND using al the loo roll (thats mine!), well best mates are the same-and we all argue with them about stupid-and big things. But they are your best mates and it has to be expected-as long as they aren't acting like the other two geezers.

Drink thing-well i am not the best to comment on that as i drink more than i should too. Its how i cope with daily stresses but by admitting you dont want to thats good-least you realise you may have a potential problem.

I'm sure the mods can sort you out with some good links. Sorry for typos-its late and my eyes hurt. Hope you don't feel too down for too long....*hugs*
  • Options
    Thanks guys & girls there has been some really helpful comments here.

I havent got access to a counciller anymore because college has just finished and i havent started my full time job yet.

malteser monkay - Yep it does seem like everything goes down the drain all at once. I could usually cope with it but all that happened in the space of 2 hours so it was kind of a shock. Also thanks for saying the everyone here is available to talk to. Your all a lot easier to talk to then parents, i think its because we all understand eachother.

Cruel2BKind - On the book subject, yeh i do have quite a few books i like to read so i might start indulging in them again.

Jowolvo - The one friend who hates me heard a rumour that iv been going round saying she has slept with this guy who nobody likes. Hardly possible as i know shes still a virgin. Your right about the best mate thing, but it seems like we have only been arguing since she started seeing this new guy. Ever since he come along she keeps acting different and he is tearing us apart. Yes i know the drink thing is not good, i hate drinking a lot but it seems to help. Iv really gotta astop that.

Thank you everyone for your replys, im gonna try a few ideas and see if they help out.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Hiya
    It's easy to take problems with friends to heart, especially when lots of things all blow up at once like this. Sometimes you have to accept that friends have been right for a time but then it's time to move on - we all develop and change diiferently and sad as it is, sometimes we have to let go of people. However, it sounds like you still care about yoru friends - you know that you're telling the truth and it's up to them to trust in you - it's your job to put your case forward openly and honestly and then let them decide, but if you just siot and brood about it it's unikely that they'll change their minds. Read some of the following features for more useful advice:

Friendship ruts
    How to be a good mate
    Surviving rows
    When mates go bad

If you're still feeling really low about this it might help you tio talk about your problems. her are some organisations that will listen to what you have to say without judging - it might help to get it off your chest:

Careline
    Telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500
    www.careline.org.uk

Depression Alliance
    Charity offering information and self-help groups.
    Telephone: 0845 123 23 20; www.depall.org
    The helpline is charged at a local rate and will automatically put you through to your nearest office.

Take care

Hannah Spanner
    :)
  • Options
    Thanks spanner il take a look at those pages and see if they help out a bit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Thanks spanner il take a look at those pages and see if they help out a bit.

Have to say it aint that bloody often you find people who come on here and ask for help and actually will look into the advice they are given, rather than makin excuses why that won't work for them.

**Loadz of Hugz**

Gotta be open minded to try new things to help yourself. I've started running the last couple of months to help me, not only keep fit but to help clear my head when I need it which is something I would 'NEVER' have done this time last year.... coz I was soo unbelievably lazy... :p hehe
  • Options
    I feel a bit better now, today i went out with my best girl friend and we was together from 1pm until 9 pm and we didnt have one argument. I think shes seen how she was acting and now were just like before. Feels so much better to know shes back.

Iv also started reading a book i like and iv made arrangements to go to an over 18's club in basildon next week (for those who know basildon that is).
  • Options
    Good have a good night and enjoy yourself!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    Good have a good night and enjoy yourself!

Thank you :)