Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

quick cold cures

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys, typical isn't it, i've got a cold and i'm on holiday. well, it is england isn't it? i need really quick fixes for a cold as i'm going to go off to leicester at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning.also i've just successfully attempted to pierce my nose.

:rolleyes:

i really don't wnana pass this bug onto my mates family you see.
so does anyone know of any old wives tales that actually work for curing colds?

i'm actually taking the vitamin c that bianca suggested, using hotpacks too and keeping warm. that girl does everything.
she wrote that not me because that's the way i am dude. OK YOU KNOW I AM IT. grrrrrrr!

Comments

• Options
    spain............
  • Options
    go to a chemist or health food shop or supermarket and buy a packet of echinacea. take 2 or 3 (even if the packet says 1 a day)
    Vitamin C is good too, and also take a zinc tablet.
    Buy some probiotic yoghurt drinks such as actimel or yakult and drink 2 or 3 a day.
    Drink loads and loads of water - this is the most important thing.
    heat up (not boil) some orange juice, a spoon of honey and a capful or two of brandy.
    If you do all this, your cold should not last more than a day or two - seriously.
    I do this at the first sign that I may be getting a cold, and usually it doesnt even appear if i get it quick enough, but even if you do it when the colds already there, it should help it to pass quicker.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Gawd and you whinge about how bad your life is and you live in spain!

Spain is great!

Wish I lived in spain!

it's not the holiday people make it out to be i tell you......it's damn hard work.......
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Why did you move there then?

because my mother moved and i'm not really at the age to live on my own. and because the only other option was a downward spiral to hell via the hewitt high school, aka the high school with the highest number of mental pasents(sp), as pupils in the UK.....15% of the school has had depression at some point, and i knew i would end up in hospital after almost being scalped alive.......there my reasons.....maybe a little over hyped but thats pretty much it...........

and thanks for that list of stuff rainbow bright.......i'm feeling much better already (had the vits but didn't have any oj or brandy, and the local chemist is closed........and i could be walking round all day trying to find a 24/7 place, though i might try sainsburys later......
  • Options
    Re: quick cold cures
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    hey guys, typical isn't it, i've got a cold and i'm on holiday. well, it is england isn't it? i need really quick fixes for a cold as i'm going to go off to leicester at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning.also i've just successfully attempted to pierce my nose.

:rolleyes:

i really don't wnana pass this bug onto my mates family you see.
    so does anyone know of any old wives tales that actually work for curing colds?

i'm actually taking the vitamin c that bianca suggested, using hotpacks too and keeping warm. that girl does everything.
    she wrote that not me because that's the way i am dude. OK YOU KNOW I AM IT. grrrrrrr!

why did she write that? never trust a stoner to write your posts for you when feeling gross........