Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wedding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
would a black suit with a light pinstripe be too severe for a wedding or do you think it would depend what i wore with it?

Comments

• Options
    I think it would depend on what you wear with it.

You can always brighten it up with a few accessories :)
  • Options
    It would be fine if you wear a brightly coloured top so when you take the jacket off you don't look like you're having a day at the office. Bright shoes and handbag will also help. :)
  • Options
    make sure u look like your there for a wedding+not a funeral
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXxHelzxXx

You can always brighten it up with a few accessories :)

:yes: Very true. Take a clutch purse and avoid a huge handbag. Less is more.

You can wear a pantsuit and it's a chic alternative if you wear it in a dressy fabric. Don't worry about the whole black superstition because that's long past. But do consider navy as a more modern alternative. Do not wear white to a wedding though. It's fine to wear it to a second wedding, but I personally think beige shows more respect. Also, sequins are only acceptable if the wedding starts after 6pm. :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks for the advice. i already have the suit, i bought it a while ago and it was for a funeral. i will probably get somthing new but ive not got a lot of money to spare so im just trying to have a back up, cos i wore it to a funeral though i feel really reluctant to wear it to a wedding even if it is jazzed up.
    its my first ever full wedding, i just dont want to go looking a state.