Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sleeping Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just lately I have being having problems sleeping, I go to bed and wake up more tired than I was before I went to bed also it takes me ages to go to sleep. No matter how much sleep I get I am still tired. I go to bed roughly the same time every night and I wake up roughly the same time each morning (during the week anyway). I have tried things like having a bath before going to bed, reading etc but nothing seems to help. Anyone know anything that I could do to try and help me?

Comments

• Options
    Somesort of herbal remodie? Im not sure what, lavender? I cant remember what my brother used to use. :confused:
  • Options
    Either do exercise and see if that helps or try some Nightol(?) Have a check in your pharmacist or local herbal shop (if got one) for something. Try not to smoke or drink Coke, coffie, etc, as these are all stimulents. Also avoid sleeping pill like the plague.
  • Options
    I agree with Felix, it could be to do with you not being active enough in the day. Try excercising, and if you're still having problems, I'd go see your doctor.
  • Options
    Stress?

Try something like Nytol for a week, and see if it helps.

Also, strange as it sounds, try putting an old duvet between your mattress and your sheets. If your bed isn't comfortable you won't sleep.
  • Options
    I tried Nytol, didn't work for me and just made me groggy the next morning!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I tried Nytol, didn't work for me and just made me groggy the next morning!!!

It worked wonders for me *shrug*
  • Options
    i used to have this problem,would lay in my bed for hours waiting to go to sleep no matter how tired i was,just couldn't get to sleep.then i bought a new matress and started doing yoga before i went to bed and right when i wake up.helped me a lot now i fall asleep within 5 min. of going to bed.
  • Options
    I have exactly the same problem no matter how much I sleep I am tired. I've tried sleeping for set hours, I've tried sleeping longer, shorter... nothing seems to work. I've tried taking naps in the day, not taking naps... grrr!

I've put it down to a lack of exercise and so I'm going to start walking to work from now on to see if that helps.
  • Options
    I am pretty active. I walk basically everywhere and go to the gym twice a week and swimming once a week.
  • Options
    My mate has recommended using a lush bathbomb thats suposed to aid sleep-something like nighty night. I wil try it out ad let you know! I have awful hassle gettin to sleep-apart from this week while my parents are on hol- i have got to sleep easy because I've stayed up later. when they are here i go to bed earleir and cant sleep-then I think about stuff and end up awake longer than if i stay up later! strange
  • Options
    Insomnia
    The Sleep Council
    Better sleep council

These links may helpp you with more ideas - the best adbvice I can give is not to watch TV for at least an hour before bed, burn or drop lavendar oil on your pillow and cut out caffeiene/ alchol for a few hours before you sleep.

Good luck
    :)
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice guys :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It worked wonders for me *shrug*

Really? I've always found them absolutely useless, they dont do a single thing for me what so ever. No grogginess but no effect either.

There are a whole hoast of proper sleeping pills out there, but you dont really want to be using them on a daily basis.