Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

phobias

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, heres the thing. Im 16 at the moment and i have already put off college to stay where i am to do 6th form at my current school. See, i have a huge phobia of leaving home. Is there a proper name for this?
Also, when i go out, i hate walking or going places on my own, but im fine when im with friends. I hate being alone, and some people will say 'what happens when your parents go out ' etc. Thats when i go on the internet and talk to friends on msn etc. does any one else have these problems? please reply, and if you have any methods of relieving panic, then please tell me lol

luv n hugs saby

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I used to be the same, had panic attacks but don't have either any more. I when't and saw a counselor which helped no end! And your phobia sounds like Agoraphobia.

Agoraphobia covers many different scenarios, from a fear of stepping outside to a need to stay in one familiar place, such as your home. In many cases, it can be defined as a sense of dread that kicks in when no available exit is apparent.

You must really go and see you GP and ask for some help and advice other wise you won't get better. The better you understand something like this the easier it is to help your self and stay possitive.

Being realalistic. What is THE worst thing that can happen to you when you have a panic attack? Nothing. I mean you can't die, passout or anything. When you get a panic attack coming try and talk to somebody, keep your mind focused on something else.

Can I askwhy you hate being alone or going out by your self?

Panic attacks - info
    Some other stuff - phobias

P.s, you may wanna try and avoid alcohol and things with caffine in the,. They can help trigger panic attacks.
  • Options
    thanks loads for that!

I don't know why i hate being alone. I think maybe what started it all was when i was in year 8 on a trip to Paris. We went this place where all these guys were doimg characatures etc. This guy asked me to sit down and have one done for free, and after he'd finished he told me a price, i said i didn't want it and he started getting really mad with me, i thought he was gonna hit me or summit. eventualy one of my friends saw me and got me away from the guy. from then on ive always hated being alone lol.

I'll think about going to the doctors and see what he has to say.

thank you for your help

luv n hugs saby