Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tampons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone find when using tampons that they are sometime hard to get up if you get what I mean? This has happened to me a few times and when they wouldn't go in I have to use sanatary towels which I don't really like. Can I do anything that might help stop this from happening?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I know what you mean but I am using the right ones for my menstral flow so that isn't the problem.
  • Options
    I find using the aplicater ones much easier than the other ones. less messy too.
  • Options
    i used to have a hard problem getting them in too,then i tried tampax compacts,they are the only ones that i don't have problems with at all.and they don't hurt me like other ones used to.what brand do you use?
  • Options
    I used to use the Tampax Compacts all the time, they always were the best pour moi. :D
  • Options
    Try the Li-lets Extra Comfort ones. They come in individual pouch things with a kind of lubricating gel in it. You shouldn't have problems with those. :)
  • Options
    yeh what pink soda said or just put some lue on them!
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    I used to use the Tampax Compacts all the time, they always were the best pour moi. :D

I've never got the hang of them. :eek2:

I stick to plain old regular tampax depending on my flow.
  • Options
    you can get those easy glide ones or something; tried them?
  • Options
    Originally posted by stressedstar
    i want to use them cos its more convinent for work but i can always feel them inside-really uncomfortable!
    that means theyre not far up enough.
  • Options
    yeah i get that sometimes, i find its sometimes the positioning isnt right or i need to relax a bit
  • Options
    I use the tampax compact ones and kotex (because they are easy to hide in your hand when you are going to the loo).
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983

Same here :yes: I still do.
  • Options
    Re: Tampons
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Does anyone find when using tampons that they are sometime hard to get up if you get what I mean? This has happened to me a few times and when they wouldn't go in I have to use sanatary towels which I don't really like. Can I do anything that might help stop this from happening?
    i think you're probably pushing the tampax up at the wrong angle, probably going up when you're supposed to go towards your back. have a look at the instructions for a diagram.
    also when this happens to me (it feels like the tampax is pushing against my cervix) i pull the apllicator out and push the tampax in with my finger and its fine then. perhaps you should think about using non-applicator ones. i used them for the first time the other week because thats all i could buy in the toilets and they were actually alot easier to put in than i had thought.
  • Options
    The kotex ones are non applicator ones and I still sometimes have a problem with them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    The kotex ones are non applicator ones and I still sometimes have a problem with them.
    perhaps then you should try and relax more. also try a different position when inserting it.
  • Options
    A different position like what?
  • Options
    like... one leg up on the toilet seat or legs bent in a half squat.. or sat down lol. i don't know!
  • Options
    lol ok :lol:
  • Options
    Oh, how I'd love to be a fly on the wall, watching all your convortions while trying to insert your tampons. :lol::D

And for once I don't mean in a pervy way, just an amusing way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Oh, how I'd love to be a fly on the wall, watching all your convortions while trying to insert your tampons. :lol::D

And for once I don't mean in a pervy way, just an amusing way.
    yes i was bloody worried when i saw your name in this thread!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    yes i was bloody worried when i saw your name in this thread!
    Why? Were you worried that I may have been ....inserting them, into my own bodily orrifices. :eek: :D
    Mind you, if you ever need help! :D