Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Monarchy

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by J
    It's a part of peoples lives, it's part of the country, why do we need to strip things away? It's part of the colour, it makes life a little grander.
    but J ...we have to move on.
    every great factory/industry/theatre/cinema/town hall/mud hut ...closes at some stage and we move forward.
    it's like me trying to sell you the virtues of black and white telly.
    the people need TO LOOK FORWARD ...all this fucking dreaming means we are still all asleep for fucks sake ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    It's a part of peoples lives, it's part of the country, why do we need to strip things away? It's part of the colour, it makes life a little grander.

Why not bring back public execution?
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    ps the european royals have some hot princesses in them too :naughty:

If William or Harry were female I think they'd be pretty hot too- for all the character faults of their nutty mother, she was alright on the eye.

But yes.

Most of the Royal properties are actually privately owned. So there would be no "savings" there, because we couldn't take them off them.

I'd rather have a monarchy than King Tony the All-Powerful Lordship.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J

/rant
    God! You make me feel as though I'm responsible for this shit, like I have to come up with the perfect answer for everything. for me to watch as they blow down the line of time!

queen :)
    calm down ...none of us have perfect answers so why would we expect you to have one?

if there is a timeline ...surely it sits paralel to our experiences not a line across our paths either in front or behind.
    if we kept clinging on to past things we'd never get sod all done!
  • Options
    You're forgetting they have a knock on affect. Like has been mentioned you have the tourism and diplomacy which benefit the country. But you forget that a lot of jobs are created through the royal family - from body guards and maids to people selling little tiny union jacks on a crowded street: if we lost the royal family a lot of people would lose their jobs also.

I basically believe the Royal Family is self sufficient and they create enough tourism cash than they spend themselves: they also raise a lot of money for charity. If they didn't pay for themselves and they cost the country so much surely we would be finding out: either through the papers of the politicians!

Lets keep a little of our heritage which seems to be all being lost.